Chapter 2

Remus woke with a start. He heard a bell noise. He sprang up, knowing this to be the signal they were nearing hogwarts. He was extremely nervous, and felt that he didn't belong. He was different, and not the perky, cutely unique different. The bad, dangerous different. He couldn't grow close to these wonderful and welcoming people. He was simply to dangerous. They had been nothing but nice to him and it would be a terrible way to repay them by pulling them into his complicated and painful life. Everyone had to go the extra mile for him, and he wasn't worth it. He life wasn't worth living. It really wasn't. It was just a bunch of full moons, pain, and wishing that his father never wrote that article about werewolves when Remus was 4, nearing his 5th birthday. He only half-remembered that night because of the blinding pain. He remembered the first bite, the screaming that went along with it and Fenir,bending down for one last bite, smirking, and jumping out the window. His mother bolting in, and his father following, mere seconds behind. His mother, taking one look at him and knowing that there was nothing she could do for him now. She could only hope to calm him. His father, unaware there was nothing any one could do, sent an emergent owl to St. Mungo's. Remus could feel himself, changing, morphing. He was becoming a werewolf. And suddenly, without having control over his body or actions, attacked his mother.  The inside Remus fought it, but it was impossible. He was still attacking. He continued to fight it anyway. By the time his father had covered anything that showed the moon light it was to late. His mother was dead. He began crying even more hysterically. His dad knew that there was nothing he could condole his son. He felt terrible that it was going to be over soon and he would be fine and happy for life. He would lead a life of misery. At that moment, 7 volunteers from St. Mungo's qpparated. They set him on a stretcher that bound his arms and legs and prevented him from attacking. It wouldn't matter though. He was no longer in werewolf form and he lay on the rickety, portable version of a bed, grieving his dead mother. There were no words to describe Remus's pain at that moment. It struck him like lightning. He never knew it was coming. "Remus, " Peter said, snapping him back into reality.  "C'mon let's go before all the good boats are gone," James said. Remus followed, knowing that he has bigger things to worry about.