Part 1

"Thraga, put that down!" I scolded my reckless daughter, who was grabbing a cookie for the second time.

She looked up at me with big blue eyes. Of course, I gave in and handed her back the sugary sweet. 

"Don't tell your father," I winked at her. 

My other two children walked into the kitchen. Thrin being the oldest male and Norra being the middle daughter and Thraga is the youngest. 

"Mother," Norra said, walking next to me, "I have a problem

"Mother," Norra said, walking next to me, "I have a problem." 

I look down at her. "What it is, Dear?" 

"She's in love," Thrin mocked. 

I shot a glare at him. "You leave your sister alone. There's nothing wrong with being in love. I can still remember falling in love with your father." I smiled as I thought about him. 

"Story?" Thraga questioned, sitting on the floor while taking a bite of her treat. 

Thrin looked just like his father while Norra looked just like me which leaves Thraga the perfect mix of both. It made me so happy to look at the child that my husband and I created.

"Please, mother? Share the story." Norra excitingly said, sitting down next to Thraga. 

Thrin groaned and sat down with the girls. "I guess, I'll listen too." 

I gave a smile and wiped off my hands. "You guys really want to hear it?" 

They all gave a nod, so I began to tell them the story. 

~~~~

It began long ago when the city of Dale was destroyed by Smaug, the dragon. My home was lost, my family was killed, so instead of traveling with the rest of the dwarves, I went on my own. I traveled far and wide for many years. Never once looking back at what I've lost. I was never close to the King or his son, they didn't know me, so they had nothing to lose. Nor did I. My traveling took me through the Shire, across the misty mountains, and through the mountains of Mirkwood. The mountains of Mirkwood is where I was at. Camping there for a short while. 

Warming up some beans over a fire, I sat down on the log I found. Stirring the beans to make sure they all cooked, I heard a crack of a twig behind me. Quickly grabbing my sword for self-defense. Nothing was there when I turned around. Glaring at my surroundings, I sat back down. 

~~~~

"Mother, this has nothing to with father," Norra groaned. 

"Relax, Dear. I'm only just starting the story," I replied. 

~~~~ 

When I sat back down, I realized that someone had put out my fire. I knew that someone was there with me. 

"Show yourself!" I called out, but no one answered. "I know you're out there!" 

A few more cracks of twig and a tall, red-haired elf stepped forward. "What are you doing so close to the Elven King's Hall?" She asked in a cold tone.