Part 9

Thorin really upset me when he ordered me to leave before he kills me, so I went back and sat with Bofur, who cuddled me and made me feel safe as we all listened to the fighting right outside.

Kili jumped which made everyone else jump. It was Thorin, his perfect silhouette walking up from the ruins. He had his sword in hand and was wearing way fewer clothes than before.

Kili spoke for everyone. "I will not hide behind a wall of stone while others fight our battles for us!" Kili screamed, his strong voice echoed in the hall. "It is not in my blood, Thorin."

The two now face to face.

"No. It is not," Thorin said. "We are sons of Durin. And Durin's Folk do not flee from a fight."

The two had a touching moment, but Thorin passed Kili and came to the rest of us.

"I have no right to ask this of any of you," Thorin began with a different tone than the last time I talked with him. "But will you follow me... One last time?"

Everyone picked up a weapon, accept me. I couldn't. Thorin looked at me with sorrow-filled eyes.

"Arura," he softly spoke, making his way to me. "Beautiful, Arura... please forgive my actions earlier. That was not me. Now I would like to do this the proper way." Thorin got down on one knee and looked up at me. I felt my heart racing. "Arura, the chance of meeting your soulmate in an Elvish cell is very unlikely. Which is why when I met you, I knew you were the one. I felt it inside my heart that you would make me the happiest Dwarf alive. You being by my side feels nothing, but right. You helped me rid the dragon-sickness, you helped me see clearly. So... Arura, will you be my wife?" Pulling out a ring from his pocket.

Tears streamed from my eyes. "Thorin..." I breathed. "You are the only one that I could ever love. I will accept your proposal! A million times yes!"

Thorin jumped up, putting the ring on my finger. Then with his mighty arms, he picked me up and swung me around.

~~~~

"I thought you already agreed to marry him?" Norra said with a stunned look on her face.

"Norra, I did ask your mother at Laketown, but after everything that happened, I thought I would have given her a proper proposal. Only to show that my love for her was and is always stronger than ever," Thorin explained, gazing at me.

Norra awed.

"Hey, but now here is your fathers favorite part," I squeaked.

~~~~

I told everyone the plan I had in mind. Bombur was on the top of the stone wall. He blew the ancient horn to get everyone's attention. Working together, we busted down the wall with a golden bell, making a bridge across the water. Everyone ran out, screaming and ready to fight. Running pass Dain who shouted 'To the King!'. Everyone fought against the orcs. My Arura, had my back the entire time. She was so full of surprises.

I swung my sword left to right, killing the filthy orcs. Arura and I were surrounded by them, so I called for my cousin, who was right there to help.

"Hey, cousin! What took you so long?" Dain shouted.

We both laughed and hugged. "This is Arura, my wife after this is all over. If we survive."

"Hey!" Arura yelled, just like the Spitfire I knew. "You got me, we'll make it, Love."

Dain looked at her with a keen eye. "She's lovely, wonderful to meet you, Arura. Thorin, there's too many of these buggers. I hope you've got a plan."