Chapter 24 part 2

That night I couldn't sleep but closed my eyes as it was the least thing I could do. I sighed.
I dont think even an hour passed before he picked me up and took me to a room.
"It was purging." he said so suddenly.
"Hmmm?" I asked confused and disoriented with water that was dripping from his scalding hot body. Yes, the water was hot enough to raise his own temperature. But while he tried to protect me from it, I still felt my skin suffer from the steam.
"That room has a constant supply of hot water. It's called purging. All couples that are to be married have to leave their mate, the she wolf in the hot water for atleast two hours." he explained.
I stared at him openmouthed.
"What? Are you saying this is some fucked up marriage tradition?"
"You shouldn't use such foul words, Cia. Since you are a human, it doesn't apply to you. But, my father being one of the rulers insisted that you should follow it as being my mate is enough to suffer through the pain." he spoke softening his tone.
" But.."
"Anyways, I was the one who suffered through it for the last three hours. So stop complaining." he grumbled.
"Three hours?" He pointed at a clock and I realized he was right. It was almost 4 in the morning. I yawned feeling tired.
He placed me on a bed rather gently.
"Well, now that is over, I will send someone to assist you to get ready for the marriage." he said and abruptly left me.
"But no running away this time" he said with a rather sharp glint in his eye.
I smiled as he left. He may command me around but he seemed to not let anything happen to me. No matter how rude I'm to him, looks like he is tearing down all my walls. I feel guilty at how I behave towards him. 

Two hours later...

That's it! I cannot bear their giggles anymore. Just as I was about to snap at the two ladies in front of me, the door knob turned around and I looked up to see Danny at the door.
I rushed to him at once, hugging him tightly.
"Help me escape this marriage" I pleaded him.
By this time, everyone had left giving us some privacy.
"Shh.." he tried to calm me down and placed me at an arm's length.
"It's alright." he said, "Don't speak about this to anyone. Let Ray do whatever he must. It is necessary. For your own safety." he explained, while tucking my arm in his and walked pulling me along.  My safety? What did he mean by that!
I moved along with him and was about to ask him again but he silenced me.
"The walls have ears." he said as he took a step forward.
"Don't look at any wolf in the eye". Another step forward.
"Don't insult Ray."  Another step forward.
"Don't look at Ray. At all costs lower your eyes. And walk slowly." Another step forward. Now we turned to the right.
"Say yes and only "yes" to whatever they ask. Follow Ray's lead." Another step forward.
I was so exasperated with him.
"I got it. Is there anything I can do?" I snapped at him.
"Why yes dear!" he replied rather jolly, " you can smile."  he said right as the doors opened and he lifted his arm to pull my lips into a smile.

We marched rather slowly in a long straight path where the grass we were walking on was painted white. I was not dressed in a white gown like a bride was supposed to. No. I was dressed in a long light green gown that slipped off one of my shoulders and was decorated with a brown belt at my waist and brown heels and earrings to match. The dress was more of a gown that tightened at my chest and flared starting from my hips like a gown. I shouldn't be saying this but the wedding gown however odd it was, was beautiful and I looked elegant in it. Danny said this was the traditional wedding dress amongst lycans.I was not allowed to wear any bra and panties and my cheeks flamed up wondering if everyone could notice it or not.
Danny left me as soon as we reached the altar and I felt Ray's large hand grip mine in his. I dared not look in his eyes not because Danny warned me but because I was rather nervous. I looked at the shoes of the priest because there was nothing else to do! It was a black colour and I noticed the black robe he was wearing.

This was not a normal wedding. Far from it. So no, I didn't expect rings to be exchanged or wedding vows to be repeated.

"Do you, Jonathan Marleton agree that she went for the purging?" he asked. I almost gasped at the question. Instead of wedding vows, this guy was seeking for witnesses? I tensed for his answer. What would happen when they come to know it was Ray who suffered?
"Yes I stand as witness." I heard him say.
All right let us begin the mating ritual" he said.

The mating ritual did not consist of any vows like in normal marriages. It was kept simple. Instead of exchanging rings, Ray turned me around and clasped a chain onto my neck. It was a simple gold chain with a large sized round white pearl as locket. The pearl was enclosed with two wolves on either side as if they were kissing in the moon. That was when I understood that the pearl was to resemble the moon. It was beautiful and no matter how badly I wanted to touch it, I refrained from doing so as I was nervous. Danny's warnings coupled with the huge crowd gathered for this wedding had set my nerves off. 

"Now, she belongs to you. Do you have anything to say, Alpha?" the priest announced as soon as I was turned around. I bit down on my lip, angry. They made me sound like a possession.

"I, Ray Carlos, has taken Ciara Hastings as my wife by law. The necklace is a sign. A sign of the fact that she has been claimed. Any man that behaves in an untoward way with her will have to face the consequences." his voice boomed in a commanding tone and something unknown fluttered around in my stomach at his voice. I refused to acknowledge the feeling. The priest gave him a strangely designed cup. I was sure he was meant to drink it. Then, he returned it back to the priest.

He lifted my chin making me look into his eyes. They were a dark moss green with lust swirling in them and some other emotion that I couldn't identify.

He pulled me nearer and came closer to my lips. He was smirking at me.

"I won't .." I started to protest  realizing his intentions but he cut me off with his lips. Warm honey flew into my mouth from his and he placed a hand on my neck right where my pulse was beating erratically making me gulp and swallow the liquid.It was laced with something.

But his lips didn't stop there. He ploughed into my mouth as if it were his. I moaned unable to keep it down. His lips were soft yet hard and tasted like honey. He nipped at my bottom lip sucking it in his mouth. He groaned. Pulling me closer, until there was no air left between us, he plunged his mouth into mine, coaxing my tongue to come and play with his. My toes curled at the intensity of his kiss and the fluttery feeling in my stomach grew worse trying to be free. But my hands froze at my sides. 

I became a jelly in his hands. He played me like a violin. Leaving me nothing but a mess of emotions behind. Emotions that were foreign to me. Emotions that would only bring pain.

And ironically, it was at this moment that I realised, no matter how many times I run or how fast I run he was going to find me.

He would find me.

He would catch me. There was no escape from him.

But, the real worry was, my heart did not want to escape him.

It felt at home with him. But for how long?

And the worst part? It was willing to suffer the consequences for falling in love with him.

Oh No! Love? Not again!