Chapter 3: Raid on Stage

Jared's POV

  Okay today's the day me and Emma get assigned our new teams. It's kinda crazy how this all started, i mean the whole new Inkopolis and everything about it thing. I'm glad I found a friend like her though, otherwise I'd be stuck in Level 1. I also met David not too long ago but it was like he didn't remember me. I suppose that makes sense since it's been two years but hopefully I can bring memories back or who knows, make new ones.

When we arrived at our homeroom class we were pretty surprised to see what our teams were. We ran into each other in the hallway after first period.

"HEY!" Emma patted my back roughly, getting my attention. "Looks like we're on the same team!"

"Yeah! Although weren't you here longer than me?"

"You can change your teams if you want.. And i thought maybe we could be together since we're pretty good friends, heh heh."

She's right, she is a good friend. Of course I wouldn't mind her with me. As we continue down we run into our third teammate.

"So, you two got put on my team?" The boy took a good look at both of us. "Tch I can tell just by looking at you, you're both low level. Just great."

It's David!? What? Why is he on our team? Did he get switched or something? My thoughts are cut off by Emma.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Emma and this is Jared."

"Oh yeah that guy, he mentioned we've met before but I think I'd remember a weakling like you."

"Excuse me??" Uh oh, Emma always gets defensive when it comes to me. I really don't care for insults though. "He's a lot better than you think, you never even saw him in action before."

"I don't care. All I care about are good teammates so you better not disappoint me." He walks away leaving Emma feeling pretty annoyed.

"The hell was that about? Man if he really is with us we're gonna have some problems."

"Don't let him get to you too much."

"Excuse me, you two are Jared Bloostone and Emma-Francis Cyane correct?" A tall inkling asked with a mellow sounding voice. "I'm Rocco, your teammate."

"Ohhh so that's who you are. How's the weather up there?!" Emma jokingly remarked as he just stood there silent. He seems to be a man of few words and likes wearing all black. His appearance consists of a Navy Eminence Jacket, a Sneaky Beanie, and Navy Enperrials. Hm must be cold or something.

"It's really cool having another nice person with us. We should spare!"

"Wait right now? But what about class?"

"It'll just be a few minutes, I wanna see the three of us in action." She's pretty persistent, she wouldn't stop until we said yes so the answer was obvious. "Come with me! Sheldon has a training room in his store too."

"Mind if I just use the L-3 Nozzlenose D? I think I'm better with it than the Forge Pro."

"You don't have to ask, silly. Also what made you wanna get that? Seems kinda like a random choice with the Pro." Maybe I just like long range, Emma.

"To be honest I don't remember why. It just seems important for some reason." I think it has something to do with the war but my mind is totally in the dark at that. "You're awfully quiet." I said to Rocco.

"Oh. Yeah I am." Emma then asked if we could get to know him but he only says- "I use the Dynamo Roller." And just continues walking. We stepped inside Amoknights and entered the training room which was full of inklings who all just glared at us.