Storm

"Hey, are you okay?" A hand rested on my shoulder. Finally, Ashton came. "I don't know Ash...there is so much confusion." I said looking at the still waters with my brows furrowed.          "Everything will be alright. Don't worry, Ris." Ashton said and sat beside me. "Do you know why these waters are so still?" He asked. "No, I don't." I replied. " These waters are frozen memories, Iris. They are cursed to be still, cause they were the most important ones." He said. Well, that's something to know about...
"Why are these waters cursed?" I asked. " Some people don't like to see the betterment of the world, Iris. They freeze it and try to erase everything related to it from the history, but they don't know that truth cannot hide, one or the other day, it will rise. Destroying everything which tortured it, manipulated it." Ashton said with a small smile playing on his lips. "Oh! you guys are here! let's have a picnic by the lake! Jake jumped with a basket full of yummy food. Sandrine,Laura and Riley joined too. Drew opened the ginger beer and Zach spread the blankets.
"What is there in the menu, chef Zach?" Laura asked. " There are burgers, ginger beers, sandwiches and pineapple pastries. "Pineapple pastries?" I asked looking wide eyed towards Zach. "Yes... Sandrine told me that you love them, so specially for you little owl! " He grinned ruffling my hair. He did spoil my hair style but friends are above all. We all started playing ridiculous games and stuffing our mouths with tasty treats. (Internal note : learn to bake a cake from Zach the great chef.) This was what I imagined when the school was about to start. Life with friends. "You forgot me, na?" A grumpy Andrew came. "Sorry, And!" I said sheepily and dragged him towards the 'Mount. Food'. We all say there the rest of the day enjoying each others company. Then it was time for the sun to go down and we all returned back to the student towers.
     I was a hell lot of tired. All I wanted to do was to get in the bed. That's when I saw a backpack on the study table, it didn't belong to me, so I thought maybe it belonged to Christopher. I put it aside and placed my books there which were lying here and there. I pulled opened the cupboard and took out a long tee and shorts. Time for a long cold shower......
  The clock in front of me was furiously ticking. I so badly hate that stupid clock and the potion theory which I have to learn. I stood up. It was too much for me. One thing you must know about me is I hate silence. I pulled out my i-pod and and played 'Alive'by One Direction. Music was something I loved. It was more than impossible for me to imagine my life without music. It was something which made me feel happy, by happy I mean actually happy. I close my eyes changing the song to purpose and in no time I was sleeping soundly.

I was running, with an awfully cute bunny in my hands. Around me, there were wild bushes which were so familiar...The sun was high in the sky but the winds were fast. I hear a voice behind me,"Come on, Atalanta ! that bunny will not go away, it will come back the next time we come." A fair young boy was controlling his laughter which felt so beautiful to hear. I couldn't see his face but agreed to whatever he said. But why ? what if the bunny ran away? why did I agree? I asked that fair boy, "You aren't lying, are you?" I asked. Something shifted in the air around us and he spoke, "I would never ever lie to you Atalanta." It was so familiar, so real and I smiled. I tried to look at the face....

"Wake up, Iris." Someone whispered in my ears and I found none other than Sandrine looking at me with pleading eyes. I  groaned and sat on my bed, I took a glimpse at the clock. I t was freking 3 am! "What happened Sands?"I asked her. "I wanted to talk to you about Oliver." She said. "Arggh! You woke me up when I was about to see who was the boy was to talk about Oliver?"I said. "You are having dreams?"She looked at me. Actually looked at me. Wait. I had a dream? A real dream? I was wide eyed. Midnights never had dreams. Never. It ran in our veins. It was a curse. By god knows who. "Okay...."I smiled. "I had a dream, that means the curse was lifted. A FREAKING curse just lifted?" I said. "We have tomorrow to talk about it. Tell me do you like Oliver?"Sandrine said looking at me waiting for a reply. Did I? I did love his eyes and his company...only I was mad at him for hitting Christopher. I felt a spark when I thought about that. The only thing, I thought at that time was..."I do. I like him." I smiled. Sandrine gave me a toothy grin and left. And guys, that's how I committed my worst mistake. After all I was unaware of the storm. I enjoyed the silence before the raging storm....

Author's note

What's gonna happen ? Can you guess ?