"The Day"

It was finally the day.  And Ian was, understandably, nervous as all Fucking hell.

I mean, come on. He was going to fucking propose to Mickey god damn Milkovich.

Mick had never been a sentimental guy, usually settling for smaller gestures to prove his love.

This was, by no means, a 'small gesture.'

No, Ian was going to get on one knee, present the specially engraved ring, and fucking propose.

He was as fearful as he was giddy.

Would Mickey even say yes?

'Of course he will.' a voice in the back of his head, along with many reassurances from siblings in both families, supplied.

What did he have to lose?

...Besides the entire relationship he has worked so hard to build with this one man.

Shit.

Maybe he should just give up now.

I mean, they've been together this long without matching rings right?

They would survive.

Then again, Ian had already bought the ring, specially ingraved with the words 'Fuck You' on the insides to match Mickey's tattoos.

Mandy's idea honestly.

Maybe he could just return it?

Yeah right.

Or maybe sell it?

Who would buy a ring with the words 'Fuck You' engraved on it?

Ian ignores the thought that they live in the south side, of course someone would buy it..

No. No, he could do this.

Right?

Maybe not.

Ian nervously begins pacing the living room of their shared apartment and that's the state Mickey finds him in.

"Um, do I wanna ask?"

"Mickey! I-I didn't think you would come home so early!" Ian laughs nervously.

Mickey spares a glance at the clock by the couch.

"What are you talking about? I always get out at this time."

Mickey blatantly ignores his boyfriend in favor of the fridge, something Ian is greatful for as he puts away the velvet box he has been staring at moments ago.

He could do it. He could do it.

Today was the day.

But, the thing was, it had been 'the day' 5 times already.

God, did Ian feel likea pussy.

Its fine. He's fine.

Mickey will say yes.

Hopefully.

Mickey looks over to Ian, nervously figeting with his hands in his pockets looking anywhere but Mickey.

Taking a soda out the fridge, he asks, "You okay? Your all jittery and shit. You took your meds right?"

If Ian hadn't been so on edge, he would have been offended at the accusation. He had been on track with his meds for months now, and, with the help of Mickey and their families, it's insulting for his own boyfriend to doubt him.

But he was on edge, and he knew the elder meant no harm by it.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He waves off.

Mickey raises a brow and goes to feel Ian's forhead.

And Ian wants to ask what he's doing.

He wants to be calm and wave off any worries the other man has and he wants to propose to this amazing man.

The words leave his mouth before he has time to stop them and Mickeys hand freezes where it's held at Ian's forehead.

"What?"

Ian's eyes are wide in fear and a deep blush is on his cheeks.

"I-I said...will you marry me?"

Mickey stares, eyebrow still raised, confusion evident on his face.

Slowly, realization morphes it's way into his features.

He's silent for a long time, just...just staring at Ian.

Ian gulps down his panic.

"U-um, you know what, it's fine. You don't have to answer now...o-or ever if, if you really don't want to. We could just sta like this and-"

"Ian." Mickey interrupts.

"Y-yeah?"

"Shut the Fuck up."

Suddenly Ian is being pulled down to Mickey's height and he finds his lips tucked snugly between Mickey's.

Mickey pulls away first and the just stand there for a moment, breathing each other's air.

"So is that a yes?" Ian breaths.

Mickey simply rolls his eyes, "You idiot."

He kisses Ian again instead of answering.

(A/N: not entirely happy with the ending but oh well.

And Mickey said yes btw!)