10 - Blindsighted

Hey, guys! I'm sorry I haven't updated. Busy days are busy. Ya know, dealing with school work and having to go to dance rehearsals and such. ^^;; I hope this chapter makes up for my lost time. It's going to be a long one. Lol. Thank you all, by the way, for continuing to read this story. :3

-Gaviria

________________________________________________________________________________

You remained perched on the rooftop, looking around at the ruin of Irkngthand. There were bandits dotting the area, which you remained unphased by. Bandits were easy things to deal with, as long as you were able to keep your distance. You pulled out an arrow, pulling back on the bow and aiming carefully. You had to hit this right, or the entire ruin would be after what's left of your skin after this treck. You closed a single eye, breathing evenly through your covered nose. Good thing these Nightingale Armor headpieces covered your face.

You let the arrow fly, hitting the bandit in the chest. He groaned quietly before dropping with a loud thud. You watched as the surrounding bandits did absolutely nothing, not even acknowledging the noise the body had made. Maybe they thought it was a rock falling from the mountain.

You moved down from your place, stepping on a wooden panel awning that they had, more than likely, crafted themselves. You swallowed as your steps creaked softly, but not enough for the bandits to hear. You ended up on another circular rooftop, just like the one you had just been on. You crouched as you made your way silently toward the board bridge, seeing a bandit in the distance.

Easy enough, you thought, pulling out another arrow in your quiver and aiming just as carefully as you did before.

You aimed a bit higher up, letting your arrow whistle quietly through the wind. It landed in the bandit's back, and he dropped just as quickly and loudly as the other one had. Again, no reactions from the others. You found it a bit odd that they were so unattentive, but you didn't mind either. The more undiscovered you were, the better.

You walked down the wooden plank bridge, watching the bandit on the level below you carefully. You didn't want to draw his attention too much. You were in all black armor in the middle of a snow setting. You were much more than obvious.

You found a set of stone stairs to the right, and you traveled up them quickly and quietly. The sound remained nonexistent as you ran up the second flight. The golden dwarven door stood massively in front of you, and you inhaled in nervousness. Showtime.

You pushed open the doors, making your way inside quietly. You straightened out from your crouching position, straightening your hood before you began to walk further inside. When you finally reached the entrance to the first room of the ruin, a lump began to form in your throat. You wanted to gag, and throw up whatever was left in your stomach before you had come here.

There were bandits in the area, bloody and mangled in the middle of the floor. Their blood was splattered on the floor, and some even on the walls. Their lifeless bodies created a bit of a rusty smell, something you weren't looking forward too.

Disgusting. . . you thought. You stepped around the puddles of blood on the floor and went up the small stone staircase, walking into the only walkway that was available. You heard something further inside, so you crouched down once again and observed as you came to the golden fence. There, a golden orb rolled around, steam emitting from the single opening in the top. It clearly had a mind of it's own, and also a mission to perform. That wasn't good.

You waited until it rolled out of sight, then proceeded to creep down the longer way slowly, making sure you caught your footing on the rock you decided to move onto. When you dropped without a sound, you crept off with ease and proceeded down the hall. You weaved your way through the gates, looking around for more evidence of dwemer life.