I : The Confession

A/N: If you haven't read the description, this was borrowed from a roleplay I was doing (chapters 1 and 2 only).
I think this might be one of the long chapters... Anyways, enjoy the story!

.•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•.

Max woke up with a tired yawn. He looked out of the tent crack for a split second. He groaned to himself. "Great. I'm up early..." Nikki was the second to wake, quickly jumping to her feet with excitement rushing through her veins.
Max turned to Nikki after rubbing his eyes. "Hey Nik, wanna go roam the camp? I'm not in the mood for hearing David's voice today." He hopped out of bed, grabbing his hoodie to put it on.
Nikki shrugged. "Yeah. I'd rather not hear him as well when he and Gwen are trying to not get me to do something." She put her shoes on, skipping out of the tent into the fresh smelling forest.
He follows her, walking into the forest. Max stopped his tracks once he noticed a dark-looking trail. "Let's go this way, for the whole time we've been here I don't think we've went this way." "Okay, lead the way!" Nikki said cheerfully, marching with her chin up high. He rolled his eyes, smiling just a tad bit, and kept walking until they were a good ways away from the camp.

"So, I actually asked you here to ask you a few questions. I'm a little curious." He turned around to face her, but kept walking. "Ask away!" She exclaimed, continuing to walk by his side. "You have to be honest. So, is there anyone in the camp you're interested in? Like dating?" He tilted his head a bit. "Hmm... well, I guess... one person." Nikki started getting a little hesitant towards his question. "But I'm not going to say his name."
"Fine, that's all I wanted to know. Next question, you think David has a thing for Gwen? Or the other way around?" He grinned a bit. She shrugged, smiling. "I think both. Gwen always is there for David, and David is always there for Gwen, soooo... yeah, both!"
He shook his head and laughed a little. "Alright, last question. I was thinking of pranking David today, you want in?" Nikki changed the tone of her voice, turning it into a serious tone. "Max. You already know the answer." Her voice immediately changed to her excited tone, "Yes!"
He laugh a little more. "Well I should of kno-" Before he could finish his sentence, he tripped on a rock and bumped his head on a tree. "Shit!" "Max, are you okay?" Nikki said, worry overflowed in her voice. She checked to see if there was an injury.
"N-Nah I'm fine... I just hit my head... I'll be fine..." He sat up and rubbed his head, a few twigs and leaves were stuck in his hair. "A...Are you sure?" She said, forcing herself to calm down. "Yeah I'm alright..." He looked over at her.
"Why are you so worried? You always see me get hurt like this..." He stood up and took all the twigs and leaves out of his hair. "O-Oh... ehm... no reason!" She smiled nervously. "Just that you're my friend and all!" He squinted his eyes and got closer to her. "Hmm..." He was right in front of her. "It's just that you're my friend!" She repeated, forcing her voice to be enthusiastic.
He backed up, then snapped his fingers. "I know who you like now." Nikki practically froze up, but she steadied herself. "Pshh, no." "Pshh, yeah. It's so obvious." He smirked. She crossed her arms. "Well then, who is it smart guy?"
"Well since you care about me more than usual, it's... me..." He blushed a small bit, trying his best not to look flustered. Her face turned slightly red. "W-Well, maybe!" She tried staying serious. "I- I have to go! David is probably calling me for some camp project!" She stiffly turned around.
He quickly got in front of her. "Woah woah woah, you're not leaving yet. I need answers, now explain." He crossed his arms. His blush was slightly getting worse. "Explain what?" She said with a forceful chuckle. "T-There's nothing to explain!" She tried walking past him, but it was no use.
"Oh yes there is. And we're not going back 'till you explain yourself." She looked down, her eyes turning soft. "Okay, fine... maybe I do like you..." she mumbled. "When did this start?..." He started to look like a tomato. "Why do you like me? I'm just a piece of shit..." He looked down as well. "It started a few days after we met... and no, you're not. Once I got to know you, you were funny, friendly, and you have a soft spot in you..." she lifted her head, trying not to stammer.
He smiled. "Don't think you're not any of those either.. You're all of those... and more..." He lifted his head, and got a bit closer to her. "But the truth is... I-I like you too..." Her face burned heavily, looking at him in awe. "I... y-you... you do?" He slowly nodded, his whole face dark red. "I-I kinda like you since the day we met..."
She couldn't help but place a shy smile on her face. She leaned over, giving him a quick peck on the cheek. He smiled and took her hand, holding it tight. "Should we head back? Or should we hang out here a while longer?..." She shrugged, "I don't really care... as long as I'm by you." She blushed.
He smiled, then pulled her to one of the trees. "I'm sure they wont mind if we're gone a little longer..." He sat down against the tree. She sat down by him, smiling herself. She rested her head on his shoulder. He wrapped an arm around her. "I... I love you, Nikki..." Just as he said that, he gave Nikki a quick kiss on the cheek. "I love you too, Max," She hugged his arm that is wrapped around her.

...TO BE CONTINUED...

.•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•.