V : The Fight

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TWO DOING?" Neil practically screeched. Max got up, his face dark red. "Neil, don't you dare say a fucking word about this!" "Cut it, Max! I just need an explanation. What the hell did I walk into?" Nikki looked at Neil, her face also burned brightly.
       "If we tell you, you better not tell a soul about this, Neil!" Neil crossed his arms. "Whatever- but I can't promise anything!" "Oh, you will, Neil." Max said, blocking his body in front of the door of the tent. "You're not leaving without swearing to your life." "Whatever, Max. Just tell me what the hell is going on!"
Nikki took a glance at Max, waiting to see his reaction. He glanced back at her, with a nod and shrug. Nikki breathed in, quietly. "Sooo... Neil." She began with an awkward smile. "It's been a slight possibility that me and Max are... a couple." Neil looked at Nikki, a shocked expression planted on his face.
      "How?! You two are the complete opposite!" Max rolled his eyes. "No shit. But look at us, kissing like there's no tomorrow." Nikki shot an embarrassed look at Max. She looked down, her arms crossed. "It was your idea, Max." She mumbled strictly to herself. Max heard either way. "Come on, you know you enjoyed it as well,"
Neil looked at the two, his eyes narrowed. "If you guys need privacy, I'll be sure to-" "No, Neil, it's fine." Nikki assured her sciencey friend. "Can we just go to bed and act like none of this ever happened?" The two boys exchanged glances. They looked back at Nikki with a nod. "Good."
Nikki headed to her bed, crawling in. Neil did the same, snaking into his own covers. Instead, Max shuffled over to Nikki. She looked up at him once she noticed his familiar poofy hair. Max leaned down, moving her hair out of the way to plant a kiss on her forehead.
      "Goodnight, Nik." He said once he pulled back, still crouching over her. Nikki smiled, resting a hand on his cheek. Max lay his hand onto hers, a small smile on his lips. "Goodnight, Maxie," She pulled her hand away, turning her body and closing her eyes to sleep. Max nodded silently, getting up and shuffling to his bed. He quietly crawled in, falling asleep shortly after.

.:The Next Morning:.

      Max woke up with a groan. Blinking away his sleep, he looked around the tent to find both Nikki and Neil missing. He shrugged it off, grabbing his hoodie to yank it on himself. He walked outside, hands in his hoodie pocket.
      He shuffled into the Mess Hall, and Max noticed everyone was rather quiet. People were staring at Max and Nikki once Max sat down on the seat in front of Nikki. "What's going on? Why's everyone so quiet today?" Nikki shrugged uncomfortably. "I'm not sure. I'm getting suspicious about it..." "Yeah, same here."
      Max took a glance at David, who stood in the corner of the Mess Hall, watching the two with a giant grin on his face. He was... happier than usual. He turned back to Nikki. "I'm mostly curious about David. He's giving us a look."
"Yeah... but honestly, it's David. What do you expect?" Nikki shrugged. Max raised an eyebrow, resting his finger on his chin. "You're right, but he's just normally not this happy is what's bugging me." Max took a glance around the room, spotting Neil chatting with Nerris.
"Wait a minute... what if he?... Oh, that motherfucker..." Max mumbled to himself, his eyes watching Neil closely. "Um... Max? You there?" Nikki's voice rang through his ears. He turned his attention back to the green haired girl. "What if Neil spoke to everyone about us? Maybe that's why everyone keeps staring at us!" Nikki raised an eyebrow, "So? It's not that big of a deal, Max."
"It's a big deal to me! What if people find us unusual all because we're opposites dating?" Nikki blinked. "Max. That's not so bad. At least we'll be there for each other." Max sighed, looking at her bright magenta eyes. "You're right, Nik. Those shitheads can call us whatever the hell they want, but they'll never break us apart." His comment made Nikki smile, causing Max to smile slightly.
      "So you two are dating!" Max spun around to see Harrison. Max shot him a glare. "Yeah, so?" "Whoa, Max. You don't need to be so aggressive." Harrison lifted his hands defensively. Max spun back around, "Sure I can, because I'm Max, the jackass of this god forsaken camp." Nikki looked at Max, concerned of his words.
      "And this is why I don't think Nikki deserves someone like you..." Harrison muttered under his breath. Max heard every word, spinning around. "What the fuck did you just say?" Harrison only gave a smirk to him. "Oh, Max. You stupid fool. You see, women don't like men that have... your type of personality." Max just said nothing, anger piercing through his veins.
      Harrison walked around the table, standing closely next to Nikki. Grabbing her shoulder, he continued. "You're the type of person that despises everyone around you, but not me of course." Max watched Harrison's every move as if he was a lion stalking his prey, waiting for the perfect moment to pounce.
      "And that is why I think Nikki would be better off with me instead of you." He finished with a smug smile. Max gritted his teeth, standing up. His fists were clenched tightly. Nikki looked at Harrison, "Harrison, I don't even love yo-" And just like that, Harrison kissed Nikki's cheek.
      Max pounced onto Harrison, crashing onto the floor with Harrison in Max's grip. "Max!" Both Nikki and David screamed. "Say that one more time, motherfucker! I dare you!" Max growled, aiming a fist at Harrison's face. Harrison yelped with pain as Max aimed several punches at him. Nikki tried pulling Max back, but Max resisted, and anger taking over his body.
      "Max, stop!" Nikki wailed helplessly. David jumped in to help, yanking Max away from Harrison. David gripped onto Max while Nikki pulled Harrison away as he tried to fight back. "Max, stop it right now!" David yelled. Gwen rushed in, helping David push Max further away from Harrison. Harrison gave Max a glare of his own before walking out to his camp.
      Max gnarled, watching Harrison leave the Mess Hall. He snapped back into reality, seeing David and Gwen holding him onto the wall, and Nikki. Her face was wet from tears. Max's body relaxed, causing Gwen and David to let go of him.
      David was about to say something until Max walked away from them, going to Nikki. Nikki looked slightly afraid after seeing what Max did to Harrison. "Nikki, I..." She sprinted out the Mess Hall, leaving Max in place. Max looked down, regret gushing over him.

He walked back to his tent.