IV : Morning Activity

.•~~~~~~~~~•.

David dragged the two back to their tents. "David, what the fuck?" Max shouted. "We didn't do anything!" "Gwen and I are getting suspicious of you two, so we are keeping a close eye on both of you! You never know what could happen out there in the forest! A bear could attack you!" David said. "If a bear were to attack, I'd beat its ass!" Max snapped, glaring at David. "Max, language!" David snapped back. Nikki looked up at David. "We weren't even in the forest, though! We were on the pier!" David paid his attention to Nikki. "W-Well... you were close to the woods! And you both were in the forest last night!"
"Wait, wait, wait- hold the fuck up, David. How the hell did you know we were awake?" David looked over at Max. "Neil helped me by telling me where you two were." Max immediately turned his head towards Neil, who was sitting on his bed. Max ran to Neil, grabbing him by the shirt.
"Neil, what the hell?! I thought you were asleep!" Neil pushed him off, brushing his shirt. "Oh, I was. Until I heard you sprint out the tent. I followed you until you finally made it to Nikki. Then I came back here." "Dammit, Neil! Why do you have to ruin everything?" He shouted. Neil rolled his eyes. "It was your fault for leaving the tent in the first place." Max created a low growl in his throat as he glared at Neil.
"Now, now! There's no need for fighting!" David hopped between the two. Nikki grabbed Max's hand. Max looked over at Nikki, calming down. Neil looked over at Nikki and Max. Raising an eyebrow, he spoke, "Since when were you two so close?" He squinted at them suspiciously. "That's none of your business, you nosey asshole." Max scowled, setting his hands back in his hoodie pocket. Neil rolled his eyes, mumbling under his breath. "Yeah, I'm definitely the asshole right now."
David sighed, rubbing the center of his nose tiredly. "Stop fighting, please." He urged. Surprisingly, everyone stopped, even Max. David looked around at the three. "There's no need for being so mistrustful of each other." Max and Neil took glances at one another, with Max crossing his arms. "Just... get back to bed." David left their tent.
"Gladly," Neil said half-heartedly, heading to his bed. Nikki and Max watched him. Max unfolded his arms, walking to his bed that sat on the other side of the tent. Nikki followed him. Max turned around to face her, raising an eyebrow. "What are you doing? Your bed's over there." Nikki fidgeted with her fingers, looking down nervously. "I-I... c-can I sleep with you?" Max blinked, his face slightly burning. "Yeah... s-sure." Max shuffled into his bed, letting Nikki crawl in with him.
Neil looked over at the two, scoffing quietly before turning his body away from them. Nikki took her chance to snuggle up next to Max, laying on his chest. Max's face blushed brightly, rolling his eyes before cuddling her. Nikki created a small smile before falling asleep by Max.

.:9 AM:.

      "Maaaax! Wake up, Maxie!" Max groaned, squinting as he slowly woke. He looked at Nikki. Did she just call me "Maxie"? He stood up from his bed. "What time is it?" He took a glance over at her, realizing she still wore his hoodie since early morning. "It's 9 AM. Usually the time when all the campers get out of their tents." She responded. She followed his eyes that lead to his hoodie. "Oh, right," she pulled off the jacket, handing it to Max. "Thanks..." He put it on himself.
      Max hopped from bed, walking over to the coffee maker they set in the tent. Once he shuffled all of the ingredients in, he yawned. "Did... you sleep well?" Nikki chimed in to not make the morning awkward. "Yeah, I did. You?" Max said as he took out his readied coffee in a mug. Nikki nodded, "Same." Max took a sip of his coffee, feeling more awake.
      "So," he started, "what crazy adventure are we doing today?" Nikki shrugged. "David came in here before you woke and said that we have to join them this time." Max groaned slightly. Breathing in, he said, "Okay," and once he took a quick breath out he continued his short sentence, "fine." Setting down his coffee, he rested his hands in his pocket, heading out the tent. "Let's make it quick." Nikki followed him to the Mess Hall.

      "Goooooood morning, campers!" David's cheery voice rang. "I hope you're excited, because today we have a special mission for you all!" Space Kid got excited jumping up and down with a gasp. "Ooh! Is it going to be about space?" David shook his head with a slightly nerved smile.
      "Well, no. We are going to be searching for the most bugs a camper can find! You will all be in teams of two, you can choose your partner." Nikki grabbed Max's arm immediately, "I got mine!" Max jumped slightly, but rolled his eyes, trying to hide a smile. "Very good, Nikki! Now, everyone go ahead and choose your teammate!"

The partners were Nerris and Ered, Nurf and Dolph, Harrison and Preston, and Space Kid and Neil (which Neil wasn't so happy about).

"Good! We're all done with step one! Now!" He looked over at Gwen, who stood by him. "Gwen and I will be recording your findings, so onwards with the search hunt!" The campers cheered excitedly, going in different directions from others. Nikki ran through one of the parts of the forest, with Max walking his way to her.
"Aw, come on, Max! Where's your hunting spirit?" Nikki urged the boy. "Literally no one asked for this." He responded plainly. "But everyone's having a good time," Nikki pointed out simply. Max shrugged in response. "Not me." She looked over at him, "Hmm... if I make a deal with you, will you at least have a nice time today?" He glanced over at her, locking eyes. "Depends." "What do you want?"
Max smiled slyly. "A make-out session tonight." Nikki was speechless, her face flustered. "I-If it'll make you have a good day today!" She took out her hand. He took it, shaking it. He turned back to the forest. "Alright, let's get this day over with."

Once the hunt was done, David marked down the campers' finding scores.

Dolph & Nurf; 47 bugs
Preston & Harrison; 50 bugs
Nerris & Ered; 49 bugs
Max & Nikki; 89 bugs
Space Kid & Neil; 78 bugs

      "And the lucky winners are... Max and Nikki! Great job, you two!" David called to the two campers. Nikki was smiling ear-to-ear while Max stood there, wearing his hood to hide his smile. "Whatever," he mumbled grumbly. Nikki stared at Max, nudging him. He managed a miniature smile, causing David to grin even wider, for he has rarely seen the young cynical boy smile.
"I say this was a successful day, don't you think, Gwen?" David turned to his pal. Gwen nodded softly. "Surprisingly... yes. Good job, David." Max turned away, "Augh, whatever, let's just get the rest of the day over with!" "Ah, yes. The prize is to go hiking with your favorite councilors!" Max looked up at David in slight disbelief. "God damnit."'

.:Two And A Half Hours Later:.

"That was a waste of our fucking time," Max growled as he practically dragged his feet back to their tent. "Yeah, it was. My feet are killing me!" Nikki complained. "No shit," he said as he landed back first onto his bed. "Where's Neil?" Nikki spoke up. Max lifted his head, noticing as well.
      "Hm, I don't know? Buuuut... that gives us time for our deal." He brought up with a evil-like grin. Nikki's face turned a bright red, remembering the deal that she agreed on.
      Max stood up, walking over to Nikki, who sat on her bed. She shuffled nervously on the "shitty mattress" as Max calls it. He grabbed onto her shoulders, forcing her lips to come intact to his.
      For a moment, Nikki froze with utter shock. Once getting slightly comfortable, she followed his lead a tad hesitantly. Closing her eyes, she wrapped her arms around him in a hug-like manner. Max hugged onto her waist while tilting his head to make the kiss deeper.
"Hey guys I'm ba- WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TWO DOING?" Nikki and Max immediately jumped back from each other, their faces hot with embarrassment. "NEIL, YOU DIDN'T SEE A GOD DAMN THING!"

.•~~~~~~~~~•.

A/N: Jesus Christ, I've sinned. They're only 10 and I'm writing a weird fanfiction that I don't even like.
This also took so effing long to make. I hope y'all enjoyed.