Chapter 16

Scott's heart was pounding in his ears. What the fuck are you doing? The world's most beautiful creature just sat on your lap and your sitting still like an idiot. His brain was screaming at him to do something.

     "Scott?" Mitch thought he made a mistake when Scott didn't respond but he decided to stay still and let the blonde beauty under him make the next move.

     Something clicked in Scott when he heard his name, his body finally agreeing to respond to what his brain had been telling him. He dragged his hands down to the tops of Mitch's thighs then squeezed, then slowly dragged them up and around to the small of his back, pulling Mitch closer. He watched Mitch's eyes close. Their noses bumped. Mitch, painfully slowly, tilted his head and pushed just that much closer.

     Scott took in a breath and when he felt Mitch's lips brush his ever so slightly, he couldn't hold back anymore. He leaned forward and pressed his lips hard against Mitch's and pulled him in tighter. His hands tugged back down to Mitch's hips and he dug his fingers in hard. He pulled back just the slightest bit and saw the face of an angel. He smiled. Apparently, Mitch wasn't done 'trying something' because he felt a tug on his collar and lips were pressed against his once more. He moved his mouth, initiating a deeper kiss, and when Mitch tilted his hips forward, Scott groaned. Mitch smiled and Scott took the opportunity to add tongue to their adventure, the kiss gaining more heat and hands roaming more skin the longer it went on.

    Mitch's phone started ringing loudly beside them.

     Mitch slowed the kiss to a stop and pulled away and looked into Scott's eyes. They smiled shyly at each other and Scott couldn't help but lean in for another small kiss. The phone stopped ringing and Mitch was about to say something, but it started ringing again. Mitch looked down at the screen that read 'Mom'.

     "Are you going to get that?" Scott asked. Mitch leaned down to grab the phone and pressed answer, putting it to his ear.

     "Hi, Mom."

     "Mitch?" Her voice sounded a little worried. "Can you come home, please? Now?"

     Mitch shot up to standing and grabbed Scott's hand, pulling him up too. "Of course, what's wrong?" He looked over at Scott who was picking up their trash from the ground.

     "Um... nothing... bad. Just come home now please." And he heard the line click off.

     "Scott? I think something is up with my parents. Can you take me there?" Scott looked over and noticed a worried expression on Mitch's face.

     "Yeah, let's go."

***

     Mitch's knee bounced furiously and he rubbed his sweaty palms together, obviously nervous to see his Parents. "Did she say what it was about?" Scott placed his hand on Mitch's thigh, trying to calm him down.

     "No, just that I needed to get home quick."

     "That's strange. I hope everything is alright."

     "Me too." He only got more nervous the closer they got. Scott pulled to a stop and grabbed Mitch before he could jump out. Mitch looked back a little annoyed.

     "Should I stay out here?"

     "What? No. Come on." Mitch wanted him to come. He thought he might pass out and having Scott beside him meant little to no injury since the man would catch him before he smacked the floor. 

     Scott stepped up the pace when he noticed Mitch already halfway to the door. He looked down at the step up into the house so he wouldn't trip and bumped into the back of Mitch, who was blocking the doorway. His arms wrapped around his ribs from behind so the smaller man wouldn't fall forward. His chest stayed touching the smaller man's back when he felt Mitch's hands grab his own and freeze. He looked up into the living room to see Nel looking back with a shocked and nervous expression and then over to a familiar-ish stranger sitting next to her. Scott felt a phone vibrate against the front of his thigh and since his phone was in his own back pocket, it had to be Mitch's. Mitch seemed stunned frozen so Scott slipped his hand into the back pocket and pulled his phone out and glanced at the Screen. It was a text from Kirstie.

Kit Kat: Mitch! I forgot to tell you but Beau called yesterday saying he needed your parents address to surprise you. I think he might pop the question so dress pretty and call me with the details ASAP!!!!!

     Scott looked back up at the stranger locked eyes with Mitch. So this much be Beau, and obviously, Mitch didn't know he was going to be here. Scott let go of Mitch's waist, suddenly feeling a little awkward and Mitch looked over at him with wide eyes. He handed him his phone and Mitch looked down at it. Scott turned to the stranger now looking at him and he walked to the couch and held his hand out.

     "I'm Scott. And you must be Beau." Beau shook his hand but didn't look very happy with the situation.

     "Yeah, Hi. I just came to see Mitch." Scott nodded then crossed over at Nel "Hi, Nel." And he leaned down for a hug, stood up and crossed back over to Mitch.

     Mitch was typing on his phone furiously when he arrived at his side and he placed his hand on his shoulder to get his attention. Mitch stopped what he was doing and looked up at him.

     "I think I should head back to my apartment." He whispered to Mitch, aware that everyone in the room was looking at him. He watched as Mitch glanced over his shoulder then back to his face. "Unless you want me to stay."

     "I think you should stay, please." Mitch gave him an uneasy look and Scott was a little confused by this answer but nodded slightly. "Plus I'm going to need a ride back to your's when this is done and I don't want to make you waste gas." Scott's anxiety vanished with that sentence. Mitch still wanted to go to his place after seeing Beau. His heart swelled and he couldn't stop himself when he leaned forward and kissed Mitch's head.

     "Whatever you need." They locked eyes for a second. Their heads turned when Nel spoke up from the couch.

     "Scott? Care to join me in the Kitchen? I'm sure Mike would love our help with dinner." He spared a look at Beau. The man looked livid and he felt sorry that Mitch had to deal with this right now.

     "Sure, Nel. I would love to." He felt a phone slip into his hand before he walked away and he glanced questioningly at Mitch.

     Mitch pointed at his phone in Scott's hand. "Deal with her please." He turned back to Nel and followed her through to the kitchen. He could hear light voices from the living room but turned his attention to Mike at the stove. He walked up and patted the man on the shoulder and they shared a look. "I'm gonna head out onto the patio to give Kirstie a call." Mike nodded. Scott pulled the patio door open and looked over at Nel standing awkwardly in the middle of the kitchen, confused by what was happening. She looked at him since he stopped in the doorway. He gestured his head outside and she scurried across the kitchen, eager to get some answers. He closed the door lightly behind him and turned to Nel who was sitting and looking at him with wide eyes.

     "You probably have questions, but I honestly think Mitch should answer them. The best I can do is let you listen in on my phone call with Kirst." She nodded and he walked over and sat on the bench next to her. He flipped the phone in his hand over and unlocked it. He smiled at Mitch's unfinished, and very angry text to her. He went to her contact and pressed call.