Preface

Hello! So I'm going to type this like an actual preface in case in the future I publish this book somewhere and the publishing company asks me for one before they print it.

This book was written mostly out of insomniac driven nights when I didn't have school the next day and boredom with reading through books that didn't fit my standards. I'm very particular about what I read to the point where if I can't find anything, I'll make my own world up and play out scenarios in my head to keep me busy. It's very easy to do just the hard part being putting it to paper or computer when I get a good idea.

So [PING] New Message was an idea I had after hoping for a teen novel to come out that applied greatly to aspects of my life. Being a closeted, lesbian, teen girl who spends too much time on her phone and trying to make her room look aesthetically pleasing. Of course too many companies are trying to connect to The Gays™️ with pride month being a widely accepted event now. But their focus is on the white, cis, male gay community (ie. Love Simon) instead of the entire spectrum of LGBTQ+ folks. It may be hard just to get one gay movie out there, but it isn't hard to get many community centered books out on the internet. Pride is a beautiful, expressive thing that requires everyone in the community to share with the world. And even though there are still people against us, there are people on our side.

I may be slow with updates since I'm still in school and never set an actual schedule for working on writing. I'm incredibly sorry if I disappear for times on end, I swear I haven't forgotten; I just don't have that much time to myself anymore. Thank you for being patient and now onto the story.