20 » Is He Okay?!

[EDITED]

"What do you mean you are sorry?!" Zayn was trembling now "He can't ... He isn't -"

"No, he isn't." the nurse said.

"That means he is alive?" Doniya asked hopefully.

"Yes," the nurse said "But he is in coma."

"B - But he's alive?" Gemma asked, breathing deeply.

"Yes," she replied "But that doesn't mean he's out of danger. It may happen that he might never ..."

"NO!" Zayn yelled "HE CAN'T LEAVE ME AGAIN! HE CAN'T! HE PROMISED ME HE WON'T! HE -"

Zayn finally broke then. It was suddenly difficult for him to breath. It was like the walls were enclosing on him. He was suffocating.

"Zayn ..." Gemma whispered.

"Zayn!" Doniya shouted.

Trisha reacted quickly and took Zayn in her arms, rubbing his back soothingly.

"C - Can we see him?" Renee asked.

"Only one of you for today." the nurse replied.

Anne and Gemma exchanged glances and nodded at each other.

"Zayn, you may go." said Anne.

"I - I?" Zayn croaked.

"Yeah, you need to see him more than us." Gemma said softly.

Zayn nodded quickly. He needed to see that Harry was okay. He'd die if he doesn't.

"Follow me." the nurse said and Zayn obliged.

"Don't make any noise." she said sternly.

Zayn nodded again and entered the room. His heart was thumping hard against his rib cage.

Harry was laying on a bed, many wires attached to him. The heart monitor was beeping beside him, showing his heartbeat. Harry looked so pale and lifeless that Zayn felt tears form in his eyes again.

"H - Harry?" he sat down beside him, taking his hand in his own "Damn it, Harry! You have to wake up! For Anne! For Gemma! For Renee! For Beth! For me ..."

Zayn placed a tender kiss on each of Harry's knuckles.

"I love you, Harry," he continued "Please wake up. I can't live without you. You know I can't. As cheesy as it sounds but my love for you has grown with each passing minute and it will continue to grow. I know you feel the same way."

Zayn sighed and wiped away the few tears that had formed in his eyes.

"They said you might never wake up," Zayn said "But I don't care. I will wait for you, no matter how long it takes."

There was a knock on the door then and the same nurse's head popped in.

"This is it. No more talking, I am afraid."

Zayn sighed and nodded. He planted a final soft and sweet kiss on Harry's lips, trying not to wince from the lack of response and left.

I love you Harry ...