Epilogue

Brooke smiled around the campfire at the young campers gathered. The fire flared gold with their contentment, warming her. She couldn't believe how long it had been since the events of her tale had happened. Years passed, and she still looked much the same, as she was sure Elodie did as well.

Percy frowned at her, suspicion covering his face over Brooke's story, but Annabeth, who sat at his side, smiled. Annabeth remembered the girl who grew flowers with a flick of her wrist, and who led an army to save her friends. She had always assumed Elodie had died in the battle with so many others.

Percy, however, remained unconvinced. He had a hard time believing there was a single girl protecting all of the camp. He would've thought that after everything that had happened to him, he would remember that almost anything was possible, but he stilled grew surprised over the tales Brooke would tell around the campfire every weekend. However, the was the first time he was hearing about Elodie.

"What about when the camp started failing?" He asked, frowning. He remembered the summer he had traveled to the cyclops lair to get what he had been told would be the only thing to save the camp.

"Believe it or not, she had gotten sick herself." Brooke said, laughing. "It was the first time I ever went to visit them in their cabin. I knew something bad had happened as soon as the monsters started getting through again, so I raced over immediately. Arsen answered the door when I got there. He was an absolute mess, the big softy. He was sure she was going to die, even though the only way that was possible is through battle."

Brooke trailed off, looking into the fire, absorbed by her memories. The campers awaited eagerly, waiting for her to continue. She suddenly shook herself out of her reverie, smiling around at everyone.

"The Golden Fleece was actually intended for Elodie." She said, continuing her story, "But once it was placed on the tree, and Thalia rejoined us, Elodie seemed to get better on her own. An overreaction on everyone's part, I'm sure, but it was better to be safe than sorry. Especially with such a heavy consequence on everyone's shoulders."

She smiled at the campers and clapped her hands suddenly, startling everyone. She climbed to her hooves, towering over everyone else.

"Alright, now I believe it is almost curfew. Time for everyone to get in bed!" She announced, starting to shoo everyone away from the fire.

"I saved the world, Brooke! Don't you think I can ignore curfew now?" Percy complained, his eyes shining mischievously.

"We'll see if the harpies agree with you, Perseus." She said, propping her hands up on her hips. The smiled melted off Percy's face as she smirked.

"On second thought, I think I should get to bed." He agreed, before taking his girlfriend's hand and racing away.

Brooke laughed, and started working on putting out the fire. She was content, the memory of her friend fresh in her mind. After the fire was out, she turned to go to sleep, but froze when she saw the two figures. A smile grew on her face and she nodded firmly, pleased, before walking out of the amphitheater, heading for bed.

In the distance, Elodie and Arsen stood, backlighted by the moon, holding hands.