Chapter 8

Juliet's POV
We have been walking for about twenty minutes or so and my feet are already starting to hurt. It just goes to show how unhealthy I am. I really need to start working out when I get back to New York. Well, that is if we ever get back. Yep, I still think that we are going to die somehow.

As we walked, I admired the beauty of Thailand's wildlife. The flowers were so beautiful and exotic and the trees look beautiful as well! They had little pink blossoms growing, blooming into a full grown flower. The sky was cloudless like every other day and the sun shone brightly, it's rays providing us with heat.

I was getting bored and this silence between Xander and I was killing me. He was walking at a very fast pace - he was a man on a mission. And that mission is to get back to Bangkok. I stared as the muscles on his back flexed under his white dress shirt. I was still wondering why he was wearing a suit - wasn't he hot?

Having enough of my boredom, I went up to him.

"Hey," I said.

He just looked at me and turned back, focusing on his little 'mission'.

"That is quite rude you know. When one says 'hi' or 'hello', you must greet them back. Very impolite." I scolded him in a playful manner.

"But you didn't say 'hi' or 'hello', you said 'hey'." He smirked.

Clever.

I was so bored! This silence wasn't helping either. Had a strong urge to break the silence and start a conversation this Xander. I mean, we are both stuck in this situation. The least I could do was get to know him.

"Wanna play twenty-one questions?" I asked him.

No response.

"Please?"

Nothing.

"Please!?"

Still nothing, all you could hear were the chirping of birds

"PLEA-"

"Okay!" He finally replied in annoyance.

I beamed up at him. Looks like I really annoyed him. But hey, I'm bored and want to talk to someone. His glare is not going to put me off.

"You go first," I told him.

"Favourite food?"

"Pasta bake, yours?" I questioned him.

"Lasagna."

"Somewhere you would like to visit someday?"

"No where, you?"

"Greece. What do you mean you don't want to visit anywhere?" I asked him, an eyebrow raised.

"I mean I don't want to go anywhere, not like I have anywhere to go to. I've already been everywhere." He said.

"You've been everywhere in the world?" I asked him.

"Yes."

"So you've been to Britain?"

"Yes."

"Spain?"

"Yes."

"China?"

"Yes."

"Italy?"

"Yes."

"The South Pole?"

"Ye-" he stopped in mid-sentence, my question registering in his mind.

He hasn't been there!