Charlie

"I don't want to let this go, I don't want to lose control. I just want to see the stars with you." - The Fault In Our Stars, Troye Sivan.

***

Miles kissed me. The thought kept screaming at me, like a cookoo clock. Miles kissed me.

I couldn't get the memory out of my head. My lips would tingle every time I thought about how soft his lips were, and how he was so delicate and strong at the same time. With that thought, I was distracted by all other means of life, letting myself slip away from reality for a short time to relive that.

A week passed, and September was gone. Though we had grown comfortable with each other, I still felt nervous every time we were in the same room. Fortunately, he had to practice keeping his hands still, because mine were shaking.

I heard a knock at the door, and looked up from my book.

Miles stood in the doorway. It was 3 a.m., both of us slowly becoming worse at falling asleep. Miles had med school again, and I had my own classes to keep up with.

"Hi," he said, hurriedly rushing to my bedside and brushing his lips against mine. I instantly sat up.

"Miss me much?"

"Just a little," he said, blushing. It was adorable, but I was scared to tell him that because if he thought things were moving too fast he could break up with me, and that would make our situation just more awkward. Both of us were kind of new at this, having been anti-social/in the closet for years. "I finished my work."

"Cool," I said, my hand sliding slowly into his. "So what do you want to do now?" I asked (hopefully) seductively, biting my lip.

"I want to see you get some sleep. You haven't slept enough reading," he said, leaning over to read the spine of my book. "The Fault In Our Stars. Really, Charlie? You have no shame?"

I shrugged. "Shame left the room when I drunk-stripped in front of my friends." I then remembered that he didn't know that story. Whoops. I tried playing it off like it was nothing.

"Umm, what?"

"And besides, TFIOS is a good book!"

"Let's go back to the other thing." I pretended not to know what other thing he was talking about.

"What other thing? Sleep? I guess if you want to join me, we can sleep... or something."

Smooth, Charlie, I chastised myself. Smoother than crunchy fricken peanut butter.

"Actually, I have an idea," he said, climbing next to me, our finger intertwined. I shifted to let him through, and moved Aria to my other side. Like the two of us, I'd gotten comfortable with Aria and the constant trickling of air under my nose.

"What?"

"I was wondering how to get you out of bed."

"I was thinking of ways to get you into bed." Forget moving too fast.

"Not today, Charlie. Anyways, I made something, but you can only see it if you follow me."

I huffed, throwing the blankets off my legs.

"You sleep in jeans?" He noticed. I looked down, and indeed my skinny black jeans were hugging my legs. I hadn't realized, but I was gaining some weight. Not good.