Chapter 17

Sungjae's POV :

        It's hard for me to regain my self and risen up my mood after Sohyun left. I tried to follow the next conversations, but it hard when i feel the need to avoid Sunho's face. I keep my eyes from looking at him, because when i did, all i saw was the image of his annoying eyes moving up and down checking on Sohyun. Ugh... my stomach is hurting again remembering that moment. I looked down and close my eyes as i took a long breath, trying to calm down my tense. 

        I can't barely hear what they all talking about. But i tried to drag my self to focus on that Welcome Meeting again. And that's when i hear my father voice.

        "I can't understand of the young men in this room. You all good looking, but why it's hard for you guys to capture a woman's heart? Still being single in this age is quite pathetic, isn't it?" he said. I turned my head to my dad and curling my lips. 'What a lame joke, Mr. Yook!'

        "No way, you two are single too?" Sunho's eyes widened as he pointing his index finger to me and Bogum. And my father, who still think that mocking me is funny, continue his lame joke.

        "Yes, this guy beside me is still single. I hardly believe that he is my son, you know, when i'm on his age, i can't count my ex girlfriends with one hand anymore. How about you?" he said poking my elbow. Everybody is laughing, while i'm just shaking my head towards my dad.

        "I don't think Mrs. Yook will be impress to hear that story about your ex girlfriends sir," i said as i lean my back to the chair and cross my arms on my chest.

        "Oh don't worry son, your mother is head over heels on me, she will ignore it. But still.... if you tell her, i'll punish you stand up in the corner with one leg up!" my dad can not hold his laugh after that. I just snorted and shook my head again, "As if i'm a little boy who didn't do his homework," i said muttered.

        "But don't get it wrong, i don't know about these two pathetic guys here, but for me... i'm being single by choice. If i like to, i can date any girl i want!" Sunho said, nodding his head faking an arrogant gesture. I just pulled up one corner of my lips a little bit. After his behavior towards Sohyun, his jokes doesn't sound so funny anymore to me. So i didn't say anything in return. It's Bogum who reply him by saying that he must be failed to caught Chinese girls attention. But Sunho just laugh. 

        "Well that's not true, in fact Chinese girls are fancy me. But if i stay here longer, i'm sure i will get a beautiful Korean girl soon," he said glancing at the door. And his meaningful words made me feel like my blood rushing in anger under my vein again.

        'Can you just shut up now!'  my mind over their laugh. Snorted in annoyance, i'm glancing at my watch. When will this meeting ended? And when my father says one word about lunch, i quickly take it.

        "Yes, i'm hungry too. Lets have a lunch!" i said and rising up. Everybody agreed and stands up, all of us then walk heading to the restaurant.

        During the lunch, i tried to calm my self down. I don't want to show my bad mood and make everyone wondering about my weird behavior. And as i'm getting calm, and seeing Sunho who seems clueless about my irritation and keep joking around, i start to questioning my self. Am i being over reacting? Angry when i have no rights to be angry? 

        I mean.... she is not even mine yet. And nobody knows about my feelings for her as i never tell anyone. So how he supposed to know that what he did was made me upset in jealousy? Even though i really hate the way he look at Sohyun, but maybe it's kind of unfair for him if i keep ignoring him. 

        But i surely will keep my eyes on him, make sure that he will never cross the line. And i think i need to start pursue Sohyun and show her how much i care for her. She -as i believe- have no idea about my growing feelings for her. And i have no idea about her real feelings for me too.