Ch.2

Rubbing my eyes, I wake up to see the sunlight brightening my bedroom from my large windows. I take a moment to adjust to my new surroundings. I didn't have the best beauty sleep last night. I let out a big yawn and did a great big stretch. With my mind slowly reminiscing about yesterday, I recollect what had happened.

I did some grocery shopping and was walking down in a dark alleyway. I then saw a young man lying down on the streets in great distress. With my kindness, I opened my heart up to him and took him to my apartment to stay.

Wait...I took him to my apartment to stay?! Oh my lord Y/N are you trying to get yourself killed?! 

Eomma always told you not to talk to strangers yet you decide to let anyone with a good face inside your home? Are you mentally okay?  You know better than to do something of such foolishness! S-Such ignorance. Have you know, anything could've happened to you last night!

After having another few minutes of scolding myself, I lurked outside of my bedroom with great caution and into the living room. I grabbed my tennis bat unless this 'Taehyung' wanted to try me.

I gaze into the living room and spot Taehyung sleeping composedly on the sofa, grasping the blanket hard like it would dawdle away if he didn't. Damn, he was sweaty. His body must be drowning in his clothes. 

I eye down the groceries I bought the night before chilling on my white counter. I used bread, eggs and milk to batch up two servings of breakfast. I put the rest of the food in the fridge.

I sat on the end of the couch not daring to disturb the boy from his deep slumber. I placed a plate on the coffee table in front the sofa where Taehyung was sleeping. I thought twice about waking him up but decided to leave the mysterious boy at peace. I started to dig into my well-made breakfast. The silence in the room lasted for a further two minutes until I heard vehicles and cursing from outside. I got up and looked out through the window. Traffic jam. I guess this is the life of living out in the city. I got the tv remote and started to watch the news. I do like to know what is going on around the world.

Sometime later, I hear a loud groan and see someone turning around. The half-asleep boy sat up and looked intently at me.

"Ah, so you are Kim Taehyung. How are you feeling?" I asked him nicely. 

He looked around, scratching his bed hair. His looked very confused. He seemed to remember what happened immediately after and said in a deep morning voice:

"So this is your apartment?"

"Well for now yeah. You were hurt last night so I took you in..remember?"

"Yes, I do. Thanks...for saving me" He said looking at me. Hearing those words from him made me choke on my toast.

"You what? Saving you?" I asked him. He opened his mouth about to say something my closes it again and looks away.

"Never mind..Just don't tell anyone about this okay?"

I nod in agreement. He reached towards the coffee table and started to devour his food to the last piece of scrambled egg. We both watched the news together whilst I finished my  breakfast. Once I finished, I got out my first aid kit from one of the kitchen cupboards. I sat down next to him.

"This might hurt a little"

I gently peeled off the bandages from last night and dab antibiotic cream on his cuts and wounds before applying new bandages on.

I wash our dishes s and clean up the kitchen. Whilst wiping the counters, I lean over to see a curious Taehyung touching his new bandages gingerly, trying not to undo them.