xxv. real life

REAL LIFE

THE PLANE HAD KICKED OFF A FEW HOURS PRIOR. So far, both Sophie and Ellie had managed to get a good enough nap and had also gone over a few of the pictures they'd taken there, revisiting some quite fresh memories.

     "Wonder how Thea is doing," Ellie said, biting into a granola bar that the airplane gave out. "Also, bless your mum for getting us these first class seats. I've never known such exquisiteness in my life."

     "Nah, don't sweat it. And Thea is probably hanging out with Sam or something, they've become mega close recently." Sophie replied as she fumbled with the button to make her seat drop down slightly.

     "They really have. Not that I'm complaining. Thea deserves happiness, and they're quite cute together." Sophie nodded in agreement. "Have you eaten anything? It's been three hours."

      Sophie shook her head defiantly. "Me? And airplane food? No way, that's something you wouldn't see often."

     "You should try this first class stuff, honestly. And not to sound like you're mum or something, but you need to keep your blood pressure steady enough so your heart disease doesn't have dramatic effect. You literally haven't ate anything, even in the airport."

     "Honestly I feel fine. I guess I'm just not that hungry. And I haven't felt anything wrong with my systems lately." Said Sophie.

     "Fine, if you say so." Ellie obviously sounded like she'd given up. She opened her laptop, as Sophie excused herself to the toilets.

     It wasn't long before she'd heard quite a commotion going on with a few of the passengers. Ellie also heard some of the attendants in getting involved.

     At first, Ellie was going to leave it be because it didn't really seem to affect her. Then she decided to just go and see, because she realised there was no harm to it.

     Ellie walked over to where a few people were gathered, and was horrified at what she saw. There, passed out on the ground, was in fact Sophie.

      She couldn't believe her eyes. It took multiple calls before she realised the attendant was talking to her.

     "Miss?" The attendant said.

     "Y-yes?" Ellie replied, shaken up.

     "Are you traveling with her?" The attendant asked, pointing at Sophie.

     "Y-eah, I am."

    "If you can come with me, we need to ask you some questions about why this couldn't happened."

     So Ellie went. As shaken up as she was, she needed to do whatever it takes to help Sophie, even though she couldn't quite believe it herself. Sophie passed out.

———

oh shoot :(