xxvii. real life

REAL LIFE

HARRY RODE A BRISK WALK OUT OF HIS HOUSE, immediately seeing Ellie's white car outside. His jacket zipper not even done yet, he hopped inside the car, seeing Ellie with a ready hand on the steering wheel.

     "Hey," Ellie smiled gently.

     "Hey," Harry returned, short of breath from trying to get ready in a hurry. As soon as his seatbelt was on, Ellie made a move on.

     "So, have you heard anything? From the hospital?" Harry broke the silence, looking over at Ellie, whose eyes were trained on the road.

     "Just that Soph had a really low blood pressure on the airplane. I even knew it myself. She refused to eat anything, even after I tried encouraging her." Ellie spoke slowly, and she spoke in a way that made it seem like she was the reason for Sophie being in hospital.

     "Hey, it's not your fault. We both know that Sophie can be hard to get through sometimes. Guess that's one of the reasons why she can be so likeable." Harry smiled to himself.

     "You really do like her, don't you?" Ellie asked, a smile lining her face. Harry nodded.

     "I do. Don't tell her I said that, by the way," Harry nervously chuckled.

     Ellie laughed in return. "Your secret is safe with me."

     After a few more minutes of silent driving, Harry asked, "How exactly did you three meet, then? You, Sophie and Thea?"

     Ellie chuckled softly. "Me and Thea met in the most normal way possible. We were assigned to the same student accommodation. Then, we met Sophie in the most extra way possible. Soph basically ran Thea's foot over with her luggage, while we were on the way to the dining hall. Soph offered to give Thea some cookies in turn as a sorry gift, and as much as we refused, you really can't say no to Soph. So, when she was finding her way to her room, it turned out that she had the same room as us."

      Harry laughed. "Wow. We all know how much Soph loves her biscuits. She's such an eccentric person, honestly."

     "That's true. It's what stands out about her." Said Ellie. "Alright, we're here." She pointed to a big hospital building, looking over at a nervous Harry. "Ready?" Harry nodded.

———

can u believe we have three more
chapters of this 😤🤧🤧😭