We promised

Small rays of sunlight shone through my curtains and directly into my eyes. It felt like lasers were shooting right into them. I rubbed my eyes a little as I rolled onto my side, now facing Lucas . He was lying in my direction, bunching the covers up to his chest.I wasn't sure what time it was but it felt really early in the morning, so I decided against waking Lucas up . It was so relaxing having not to worry about anything. Lucas seemed so peaceful as he slept. Relived, I let out a small sigh and went back to sleep.

All of a sudden, I heard the covers below me start to rustle around restlessly. Quickly, I propped myself up onto my arm as my eyes slowly opened.

Lucas was on his hands and knees , tightly gripping his shirt as if he found it hard to breathe. Without warning, Lucas started to cough violently as I sat up to see what was going on.
"Lucas! Are you okay !?" I asked . Immediately, Lucas stopped coughing . He turned to me and gave me worried look as he panted heavily. I slid off of my bed and onto the floor beside Lucas .
"I-I-" Lucas stammered as he looked down , trying to avoid eye contact. "I-I'm Sorry." He continued.

Gently, I put my hand on Lucas' back as he continued to gasp for air.
"Are you Okay though ." I asked comfortingly .
"I'm fine ." Lucas snapped.
"I can always cancel with Ninten." I suggested . Lucas quickly turned to me.
"No!" He cried "I still want to do it ... no matter what." There was a short pause.
"What happened anyway?" I asked
"I had a nightmare... stupid I know ." Lucas admitted as he tried to hide his face in the covers .
"You don't need to be ashamed, everyone has nightmares." I reassured. Lucas sighed.
"You're right ."
"What was with that coughing ?" I enquired. Lucas didn't reply .

All of a sudden, Lucas sat up and tightly hugged me.
"It's just that ... I-It felt so ... real." Lucas whispered softly. I took a short breath while I was trying to think of something to say.
"Try and get some sleep Okay ." I advised as I stroked Lucas' hair. "I'll even stay with you until you can."

Slowly , Lucas laid back down and gave me a weak smile . Lucas' eyes gently fluttered shut as I took hold of one of his hands . Surprisingly, Lucas' palms were warm for once . He took a light grasp of my hand and turned onto his side that was facing me.

Occasionally, Lucas' hands would start to twitch , causing him to tighten the grip on my hand . I turned my head to the side , to look at the small clock that sat on top of my set of draws. It was eight in the morning.

Sometimes I could hear Mom's footsteps downstairs. She could trust me on my own so she didn't tell me when she was leaving for work. This was a good thing because I didn't want her to wake Lucas up .

Suddenly, Lucas tensed his hand up, causing his hold on me to be tighter. He was obviously scared of something, I just didn't know what. Lucas let out small whimpers as he brought my hand closer to his chest and buried his face in the covers more . He was trying his best to stay calm. Taking long deep breaths , which quickly became panicked gasps.
"Come on , last for one more hour ... please." I begged out loud .

All of a sudden, Lucas let go of my hand and turned his back to me. "Lucas ." I called . He let out a quiet whimper in response. "Lucas I know you're awake." Lucas didn't say anything but I knew something was up. "Luucaaaas ." I sung softly as I took my hands away and rested them on my lap .

Lucas was crying . He covered his face with his hand and his back to me . Slowly, I take hold of Lucas' hand , gently stroking it with my thumb as I bring it over to my lap. Lucas slowly turned over , now looking at me. The small beads of tears in his eyes glistened in the faint rays of sunlight, his big , cerulean eyes stared at me with confusion. Lucas' cheeks were scarlet red and his honey blonde hair seemed soft and silky . Suddenly, the tears started to slowly roll down Lucas' face as he continued to stare at me. His face looked worried, like he knew something bad was going to happen. Lucas' mouth hung open a little as he looked up at me and the streams of tears continued to run down Lucas' flushed out face.