8 | blood

there's some benverly in here so yeah
Oh mannn y'all are gonna hate me for this chapter 😬

july 3rd, 1989

the losers hung out everyday in the summer. most of the time, they were at the movies, the lake, or stan's house, since it was the safest house to be at (Im so sorry my New York was showing when I wrote that sentence).

but that day, the losers ran into henry bowers. the man himself. and the most terrified of him was none other than ben hanscom. the memories came flooding back to him, when bowers carved the letters of his name into his flesh. and when he said vulgar things to beverly — well that infuriated him more than terrified him, since he hated to see bev being talked to like that.

they were heading to the lake that day, again. and the road they usually crossed was blocked by a mullet wearing asshole and his alliances.

"where do you fucking losers think you're going?!" yelled the rat.

the losers stood together. stan held bill's hand, and bev held ben's in fear.

"which one of you should we kill first?" bowers drew his pocket knife, and his face was almost comparable to pennywise's.

but the losers have dealt with this shit before.

"how about the puny dweeb?" one of Bowers's aliances pointed to eddie.

this made richie furious. he clenched his fists, his cheeks were red with anger.

"hiya gay boy," the rat taunted, "i bet you want me to fuck you senseless." he stuck out his tongue sexually.

eddie's eyes welled up with tears. richie screamed. now he was mad. now, he was infuriated, like someone set his soul on fire, and it burned. it burned it burned.

"HE'S NOT GAY, YOU FUCKING ASSHAT!" richie screamed to the top of his lungs, and punched bowers in the nose, leaving it broken. the trashmouth pushed up his glasses and spat in henry's face as he squealed in pain. but that didn't stop bowers. that only made him worse. and it made his alliances worse too. he stood up, wobbly at first, but he finally got his balance back. a fist flew to richie's face, leaving a scar on the side of his pale cheek. it sent richie flying to the ground making a boisterous thump noise. then Henry stomped on richie's arms, legs, and stomach, leaving red and purple bruises. then he obnoxiously stomped on his heart, rapidly. his alliances told him to stop, but he kept going. slowly but surely killing the four eyed boy.

"RICHIE!" and eddie felt his pain. he loved his best friend, he didn't want anything to happen to him. richie said he'd protect him, and he would do anything to make sure that richie was safe, too. eddie pulled on Henry's arm as hard as he could, turned him around and stoned him in the face. but it still didn't stop bowers.

"Aww, look at the little fag! worried about his boyfriend!"

then bev stepped in, and began throwing rocks at his face.
"he's our friend, and if you mess with on of us..." bev began.

"you mess with all of us." and all the losers stood together, and with no fear they defeated the asshole, putting up a fight, because they were a team, and they loved each other.

"r-richie! oh, fuck, richie!"

eddie rushed over to the injured boy, the losers behind him, who's legs and arms and face were littered with striped of purples, reds, and blues. a stunningly terrible disaster. eddie cupped richie's cheeks.

"r-rich, c-can you hear me?!"

no response.

"r-rich, come on, please, i-i i need you! i need you we all need you r-richie!" eddie smacked him across the face, tearing up.

no response.

"h-he's gone..." said stan, sniffling.

"n-no! he can't be dead!" said mike and bill, at the same time.

beverly and ben began to cry.

"richie! wake the fuck up! please! i...i love you!"
and eddie was heartbroken. everything that richie had done for him to keep him safe. he died to keep him safe.

"why, god, why?! WHY THE FUCK COULDN'T IT BE ME INSTEAD, IT SHOULD'VE BEEN ME!" eddie yelped out in pain.

"I WANNA DIE I WANNA DIE I WANNA DIE! I CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT HIM!!"

eddie listened to richie's nonexistent heartbeat, and looked at richie's purple lips. so lifeless. eddie sobbed uncontrollably, as if he was possessed. he loved richie. he was his everything, his first love, his safe haven. eddie, with blubbering pink lips, placed a warm kiss on richie's lifeless purple blue ones. it lasted ages, it lasted years, it lasted for eternity. but it couldn't change the fact that richie was dead. for eddie didn't believe in fairy tales. and he always said they were bullshit.

"please come back."