Winter Folklore Contest [CLOSED]

Welcome!

Welcome!

Winter is here, bringing us cold winds and snowflakes. But what's better than enduring the weather outside?

Delving into literary winter-adventures, of course.

We teamed up with _Once_Upon , mythandlegend , Spiritual_Universe and CoffeeCommunity to bring you a fun new contest and challenge you to explore the myths and folklore about the winter season. People have always been eager to come up with ideas to explain certain natural phenomena back in the old days, so there is a large number of characters, who personify winter.

The challenge:

The prompt is fairly simple and gives room for a lot of ideas you might be having:

Write a short story revolving around a winter personification from a fairy tale, folktale, myth or legend.

You may pick one, that is also linked to Christmas, but you don't need to.

Don't know any winter personifications? Can't decide what to pick? We might have a some prominent characters - and a few more obscure characters - that you may use for inspiration, in a new post in The Device, our Magic blog book (apologies, we cannot directly link it).

Contest details:

The contest starts now and you have time until December 31, 2017 to submit your stories.

The deadline is Dec 31st, 11:59 pm CET (Central European Time). Stories submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.

Enter by filling out this FORM  (Yeah link is working!)

Feel free to share the link to your story in the comments below so others can read it.

But be aware that you must submit through the form in order to be entered. So we will be sure to have it working soon.

The rules:

❄ The story can be up to 2500 words.

❄ The story must be new to Wattpad, either posted as a new book or a new chapter in an already existing book of yours.

❄ Your story must feature some kind of winter character or personification originating from a fairy tale, folktale, myth or legend.

❄ Tag your story #winterfolklore so others can find it.

❄ No fanfiction please. Make sure your story and characters are your own.

❄ No mature content.

The prizes:

The Winner/s will receive shout-outs from all participating profiles as well as a sparkly sticker for their cover and will be added to respective reading lists.

Feel free to tag some of your friends, who might be interested in joining in as well as sharing the contest with your followers.

Also, make sure to support your fellow contestants by reading their work.