Chapter 5: End of Training

Both Ray and Anna were on the field and ready for the final day of training. There was an actual audience today. Ray noticed Sabrina was in the crowd which made him happy that a friend was there. He then looked at Anna, his face quickly turned from a smile to seriousness. 
"You ready to fail?" Anna asked sarcastically.
"I think you're talking about yourself." Ray claimed.
Anna smiled and got in her stance and so did Ray.
The King stood and everyone went silent. 
"Ray this is the final day to prove yourself, do you believe you can?" The King asked.
"I got to bring all I have, so I do believe I can."  Ray responded confidently.
"Three, two, one....Fight!" The King shouted.
They both stood there few a good minute.
"We're waiting." Anna exclaimed.
In  a split second Ray dashed forward. Anna smiled at him as he was getting closer.
"Let's end this." She whispered.
She then lowered her rapier. When Ray was only a few feet away, she then threw a punch and got his face. He fell down with blood dripping from his nose. He looked up and Anna kicked his face. He was on the floor and could barely move. She then pooled her rapier and was about to stab him once more. She slammed down but Ray rolled over and  barely dodged it. Ray grabbed his wooden sword again and stood up once more.
"No more play games, its time to make this fucking quick!" Ray shouted.
He ran at her again and dodged her kick. She tried to stab him again but Ray grabbed the blade of the rapier and pushed it away. The wooden sword was inches from her face, but Anna tripped him and the rapier cut the side of his stomach. He cried out in pain and fell down. Anna crouched down and looked at Ray. 
"So close, but not enough." Anna said smirking.
"You sure?" Ray asked while smiling.
"Huh?" She asked confused. 
Ray then tapped the sword on top of her head.
"What the hell!" She shouted.
"You didn't knock me out." Ray reminded. 
Anna instantly realized her mistake.
"God damn't!" She yelled. 

"Nice fight though." Ray cheered.
"Yeah, it was." Anna said smiling
"But uh, can I get healed I feel like I'm gonna pass out." Ray claimed. 
Anna gave him a smile and then Ray blacked out.
Ray woke up again and saw Sabrina sitting beside him. 
"Actually won." Ray cheered.
Sabrina gave him a cheerful smile. 
"You're the very first one." Sabrina mentioned.
Ray then looked surprised and confused.
"No one has ever beat her before?" Ray asked. 
"Everyone was shocked, even I was." Sabrina claimed.
Ray smiled and chuckled a little.
"I made history." Ray said smiling. 
Ray then looked at Sabrina and saw the moonlight shining onto her hair.  It made her hair look bright blue which made it sparkle. 
"Tomorrow we'll be celebrating the trainees who succeeded, it's going to be a dance." Sabrina announced.
"Can't wait for it." Ray said excited.
They both smiled at each other. Sabrina noticed she had to go and began to walk out. 
"See you at the dance Sabrina." Ray said.
"See you there." She said eagerly. 
She then walked out of the room. Ray was interested to find who was going to be there. Many thoughts were in his head but he really couldn't stay focused. He began to relax and fell asleep as tomorrow night was going to be big.