Ch 1. New Start

{Everything went so fast. All I remember was a car crash and.. lyra hugging me...so she can protect me...Where is she? Lyra, are you okay? Are you still alive? Where are you? I'm alone, it's dark where I am. Please, lyra please. Lyra, Lyra, Lyra! Lyra!! Lyra!!!)

"LYRA!!!!" Toby immediately gets up while panting and sweating.

"Tobias honey! Oh thank god!" A woman that looked like Toby pulls him into a hug on her chest while she was crying. "My baby is okay. You're okay, mommy is here."

"Mom? Am I in the *tic* hospital?" Where's *tic* lyra? Is she okay?? *tic* mom please tell me *tic* *tic* Please tell me she's- *tic* *tic* tic* she's- she's- shes-"

Toby's mom puts her hands on both Toby's shoulders and look at him straight in the eye with a soft worry look on her face. "Honey, I need you to calm down."

"Where is she!?! *tic* Is she still- *tic* alive??? Please tell- *tic* *tic* me mom!! I gotta see her!! *Tic* Where is she!??" Toby starts freaking out while his mom is just trying to calm him down.

"She's okay, she's fine baby. Your sister is alive!"

Toby calms down a bit when his mom said what he wanted to hear. "...Is...is she... *tic* seriously injured?" He looks at his mom with shiny golden hopeful eyes.

"Well... honey...you two have been in a coma for 2 weeks-"

"T-two weeks?? *Tic*" Toby interrupts. "Oh my god, then she must *tic* be horribly injured!"

"Toby honey, honey, please calm down. You may have woken up but I still want you to heal... please.. honey I need you to calm down. I know this is scary on what I'm telling you but you need to handle this... please baby.."

Toby takes a good look on his mother and and sees she had red eyes and nose from crying weeks for worrying about her children if they are ever waking up and black bag eyes from staying up all night. He knew how stress and tired, worried she was and him acting like a total lunatic was not helping at all.

"Sighs... I'm sorry mom.. I'll be calm.."

Toby's mom weakly smiles. "Thank you sweety..." She gently kisses Toby's forehead that was wrapped around in bandages from the car accident.

"... where's dad?"

"Your father is with your sister... he's been worried and sick about you two ever since the accident...he comes back and fourth into your rooms..."

"Dad is... worried about us?" Toby tilts his head confusingly.

"Yup..I guess he finally realized how badly he's been treating all of us... and it took for his two children to almost..." She tries to hold in the tears but fails on realize what she was about to say. "Oh my god" *exhale*

"Mom..." Toby puts his hand over hers while giving her a sad look.

She weakly smiles. *Sniff* "but, you're okay...both of my babies are okay...thank you Lord for giving my children a chance..." She wraps her cold hands around his and kisses them while tears were streaming down both of her cheeks.

"...mom? Can I see *tic* lyra?"

"Of course you can, honey. Just wait here. I'll be right back." She gets up and walks out of the room leaving toby to look around his surroundings. A few minutes later his mom comes back with a wheelchair ready for him.

"Alright honey lemme just help you get down and sit-"

"It's okay mom I think *tic* I can do it on my own *tic*. "Toby removes the the covers that was covering his body and sorta wobbles while trying to sit on the wheelchair but his mother tries to help him.