Twenty One

"I'll see you at the party. Alright?" Alex said kissing my head after I told him I wanted to surprise him with my dress. "I'm riding with your parents and Wesley will take you. I'm so proud of you darling." He said kissing me one last time before leaving the room in his black and white suit and tie making him look delicious.

My dad picked his outfit out and Alex didn't argue at all. I knew my mother made this dress deep green like Alex's eyes because of how much I always stared into them.

"I looked into the mirror seeing the light amount of makeup on that would fit perfectly with the dress. It was a shimmery white gold eyeshadow and mascara along with light baby pink lips. I slipped the dress on and it fit me like a glove. It was nice to know I never changed sizes.

I looked in the mirror smoothing out the dress that hung low on my back and had a slit up my right leg making me look classy and yet I knew Alex would try tonight and get me out of the dress. I smiled at my hair which was curled and put into a bun with strands falling around my face.

I left the house and saw Wesley standing there waiting for me. "You look so grown up and beautiful Elena, he's a lucky man." Old man said making me blush and get inside the car with my high matching deep green heels that were stilettos. I felt nervous and watched him drive by the many places before reaching our destination.

"May I escort you inside?" He asked making me smile as he helped me out and I gladly took his arm. It was wonderful having him hold me up making me realize I was really nervous. I entered the ballroom and that's when it got silent and everyone had their eyes on me.

I tried looking for Alex and my parents when I saw Mom wave over. As I walked towards the table they were at, everyone was watching me walk and move as if I was a figment of their imagination and I wasn't real.

As I got closer I noticed Alex staring at me with a goofy grin with mischief in his eyes. He stood up and walked over to me making me let go of Wesley and go to hold Alex's hands. "You look so beautiful." Alex said making me blush and lean my head up to kiss him softly.

"You look handsome and I can't believe you're all mine." I said as he led us back to the table where my parents and their friends sat.

"Elena? Is that you?" I heard a shrill voice come from behind me making me cringe at the tone. It was the girl Jett cheated on me with. I knew her voice from anywhere. I gripped Alex's hand tighter and refrained from punching her directly in the face that had so much plastic surgery.

"Relax Elena, you're better than her." Alex said in my ear making me relax as he kissed my hand. He helped me stand up and turn around to face the girl who showed me Jetts true self.

"Wow it is you. I never thought I'd see you again after you ran off when I stole your boyfriend." She said smugly making me realize how pathetic she really is. "Is this your new boy toy? Oh did she tell you she had sex with everyone in high school." Jessica said making me grip on Alex's hand tighter.

"I think you meant yourself. Jessica." I hissed out her name. She looked offended and put her hand over her chest. "Don't play dumb with me. Everyone in high school knew you slept with anything that gave you attention. In fact I wanna thank you." I said holding my hand out and grabbing hers disgustingly while I shook it.

"Thank me?" She asked confused.

"Yes thank you, because you showed me who Jett really was and I'm forever grateful that you did." I said smiling big and feeling Alex rub circles on the back of my hand relaxing me. "If you want to stay you can Jessica, but if you came here to try and talk me down, sorry but I'm not the same as before." I said leaning into Alex. "Have fun or better yet don't, I don't need your filth in this classy setting." I said waving as she walked away stomping her feet.

"I'm proud of you Elena. I am." Alex said making me kiss him softly. We heard clapping and a spotlight on Alex and I. "It's time for you to play, I'll be standing right next to you." He said leading me to the piano making me feel nervous playing in front of so many people. I saw everyone gather around me and my parents give me a shock expression when they heard my fingers start playing coldplay's the scientist.

As my finger hit the cords making me lose myself in the music, I sang along in the mic that was attached to the piano and made sure to not mess up. I enjoyed the feeling I got when I played that when I finished I opened my eyes seeing everyone in a slow dance, and clap. I stood up with Alex's help and bowed respectively.

The music turned back to classical and everyone chattered and danced. We walked back to the table when I saw a strange person standing there with a happy look on his face. "Oh good Elena, this is Jared Hills he produces music and would absolutely love to have you sing and play piano." My mother said as I shook hands with the man.

"I would love to but, I can't. I have other plans." I said holding Alex's hand and watching Jared look confused before realizing why.

"It's quite alright, I understand. Just if you ever wanna talk about it, call me." He said handing me his business card and I gave it to Alex as he put it in his pocket.

We sat down and enjoyed the night as different people came by to give me and hugs and all that stuff making my parents happy. I never like the parties when I got older, I'm still not a huge fan of being known for being so rich.

Once the night had ended and Alex carried me back to Wesley's car, we were in the back just curled up on each other smiling like idiots.