Twenty Three

After we got off the plane, Alex's car was waiting for us and we put our bags in the trunk before getting in and driving back to campus. "Do you know where this house is?" Alex asked as we were on the road driving.

"I'm not sure, maybe we can ask your parents? I've never seen this house before but I do wanna hurry up and move in to avoid Emily and Jett." I said sighing.

"Well alright we can look for it in a couple days." He said rubbing the back of my hand, driving making me lean back into my seat sighing deeply.

••••

The couple of days passed and we were taking a couple of final tests that would determine if we graduate with our degrees or not making me nervous, but Alex made me take alot of deep breaths. We only had a couple months left of school before we would graduate together.

"Finish packing and meet me at the car in like thirty minutes." He said kissing me and walking to his dorm room as I dreadfully walked back to mine. When I got to the door I unlocked it and saw trash everywhere and puke and just the room was disgusting. What happened while I was in class I don't know. But I wanted to puke at how bad it smelled. I saw empty bottles of alcohol and sighed knowing it was probably Emily and Jett. I haven't been in here alot only for half an hour before leaving and going somewhere with Alex.

I didn't wanna face Emily or Jett, they both betrayed me and it hurts knowing he took my best friend away. I have realized though that if we really were best friends she wouldn't of done what she did. Or she would of at least asked me about it.

I zipped up the suitcase and duffle bag seeing everything of mine packed and no longer any trace of me in here. I put the bag around my arm and pulled my phone out texting Alex letting him know I was ready and going to car. I grabbed the teddy bear I hid in the closet that he won me at the fair for our first date. He texted me back saying he was already waiting for me.

I looked at the room feeling my heart ache at the thought of no longer waking up to Emily and us having a girls night and other things. I quickly took out a piece of paper from our shared desk and wrote her a little note saying, "I'm sorry things have to be this way, but I don't trust Jett and you shouldn't either. He broke my heart and he will break yours. Just please don't do anything stupid. When you realize he is the asshole I told you he was, you can come and talk to me. But don't involve me in your life if he's around. I love you Emily, I do, and I hope you'll be smart and careful. Good luck with everything. I said I would be moved out and I am. Goodbye Em." I finished by signing my name and wiping away the tears on my face.

I walked out of the dorm and made my way to the parking lot seeing Alex leaning on the car waiting for me. Once he saw me, he opened the car door making me smile at how much he was a gentleman. "What took so long?" He asked as I tried not to drop my teddy bear and other things.

"I left a note for Emily, just letting her know to not involve me in her life if Jett is in it, and that when she's see who he really is that I'll be there for her." I said getting into the car as he shut the door and put my things in the trunk and backseat.

"You're so brave and I love you Elena." He said making my heart skip. I leaned into the car seat and before I could fall asleep, he handed me the phone making me look confused. "It's my parents giving me directions. Just write them down okay?" He said. I nodded my head and grabbed the pen and paper from his glove box, writing down what his mother was telling me.

Once she finished talking we said our goodbyes and hung up. "It's like half a mile away from their house. It's a secluded house and has a car in the front of it apparently, I guessed your parents checked the place out from the outside." I said putting the phone down and leaning back into the seat smiling happily.

After a couple hours of driving the sun was setting and we finally found the house. It was about the same as his parents place but it was a tad bigger once we got inside, there was a spacious kitchen and living room, and three bedrooms along with each of their own bathrooms. The bedrooms and such were upstairs and the other things were downstairs. It was a really cute house just like parents it had a warm and cozy feeling to it.

"This place is really beautiful." Alex said bringing in our things and setting them down coming over to pull me in a hug. "How long have we been dating now?" He asked looking me in the eyes making me think about it.

"Uhm eight months I believe. Why do you ask?" I said playing with his soft hair and loving how it felt under my hands.

"Just it feels like yesterday we were in the library studying." He said making me blush. I remember how I tried to jump him on the couch.

"Oh you mean when you rejected me?" I said with a raised brow making him give me death glare.

"I wasn't rejecting you, I just didn't expect it since again you are my first for everything really." He said making me smile and kiss him softly.

"Cmon let's get unpacked and we can order takeout." I said grabbing my things and walking up the stairs with him behind me.