Chapter Twenty-three

(A/N) Okay, so there are going to be Canadian stereotypes in this chapter. For humor. Please do not take offense if you are Canadian (or Frank Zhang, whom is also Chinese).

Once I woke up, I was alone in the room. Nobody was with me. No Will, no Connor, Bianca, or anyone.

What if Will abandoned me? What if he decided I wasn't worth his time and moved to Canada? Canada is a nice place. I curled up into a ball and hugged my knees. Canada has trees and moose. Why wouldn't he ditch me for Canada?

My breathing picked up as I contemplated Canada and all it's maple syrup-ness. There were quick footsteps coming down the hall. Probably someone getting ready to evacuate to Canada.

"Nico!" Will gasped as he burst through the door. "Are you all right?" He looked at my confused expression before saying, "I heard heavy breathing and thought... thought you weren't okay."

I smiled at Will's worry and gave him an innocent thumbs up. Will let out a sigh of relief before he came over and wrapped his arms around me.

My warmth unwrapped himself for a quick minute to glance at his phone. "Your mother's probably worried. It's five in the morning." That got my heart rate up.

I dashed out the room, stopping at the door for one reason. Will was right behind me, and I had things to do.

I took a long, deep breath, got up on my tip-toes.

And kissed him.

Not on the lips, just a friendly- er... "friendly" peck on the cheek. Just a small one. Just enough for him to understand my gratitude and lo-... and respect for him.

I waved bye and ran home as fast as I could.