Chapter Twenty Seven

Warnings for mentions of suicide as well as the events in episodes On My Way and 2009. Warnings for homophobic slurs as well

The next morning, I wake up to the continuous ringing of my phone. I groan and reach a hand over to grab it, my arm instead falling on warm flesh. I jolt awake before I can remember that the person lying asleep besides me was my boyfriend. I smile as Blaine continues to sleep, his bare chest rising and falling with his breaths. My phone rings again and I quickly find that it's still in my pants which lay forgotten on the floor. Quickly, I grab it, trying not to wake Blaine up.

"What is it? And why are they calling you this early in the morning?" Blaine groans as I dig through my pant pocket to grab my phone. I groan as I see it's a text from Rachel.

"It's Rachel," I say, falling back into bed, this time with my phone. I open the text she sent, confused.

Saw this on a TMZ's website this morning. Figured you should warn Blaine. And what were you doing with Karofsky yesterday?? She sends a link to the website, and I open it.

"Oh, fuck," I whisper, looking at the picture of me and Dave at Breadstix yesterday. The headline makes it seem like I'm cheating on Blaine with him, which causes my stomach to clench in more ways than one. Blaine eyes the picture curiously, looking up at me without an obvious expression.

"Anything you want to tell me?" He asks.

"It's not what it looks like. I mean, yes, it is. But they have it all wrong," I stammer quickly.

"What were you two talking about?" He asks. I sigh, knowing I'll have to explain a lot. Not just to him, but to Rachel as well.

"It's a long story, and you're not going to like any of it," I start, looking down at him. Blaine moves to sit up, and I miss the warmth of his head on my chest instantly. Instead, I sit up as well, resting my back against the headboard of my bed, facing him.

"So, you know how I told you last semester about the bully who kissed me?" I ask, carefully watching Blaine's face for emotion.

"You mean?" He raises his eyebrows in surprise. I nod in answer to his unspoken question.

"Yeah, that's him. He transferred schools a while ago, after he got suspended. Which I think I told you about? Anyways, all week he apparently had been sending me notes, all signed by your secret admirer. I didn't bring it up because honestly, I thought they were from you trying to be cute. But yesterday he asked to meet, and told me that he liked me. I sat him down and told him that I was with you, and that I was happy and we would pretty much never happen. I probably handled that in like the worst way possible, but I mean, I was in shock," I sigh, glancing up to look at Blaine. He sighs and reaches over to grab my hand, which makes me feel better.

"And that's not even the worst part. I'm pretty sure he outed by a guy at his school who was there, and this picture just isn't going to help matters any," I continue.

"We have to have Julie issue a press release saying that the gossip is wrong. We can say you two were just friends hanging out. Try to keep what happened a secret?" Blaine suggests.

"Yeah, I agree. I'd feel terrible if this was how he was outed to people. As someone who doesn't believe in outing at all, this makes me feel really bad," I admit. Blaine scoots closer and wraps his arms around me, pulling my body into his. I gladly lay my head on his chest, letting him envelop me.

"I know you do. I'm sorry people try to twist everything up, especially the tabloids," Blaine says.

"I guess now would be a bad time to mention how I was hit on in a coffee shop then, huh?" I say. Blaine laughs, and I can't help but chuckle along with him, the somber mood lifted.