The First One

On the way to Leavenworth, I decide to stop real quick for something to eat and drink.  So, of course, I resort to Chick-Fil-A. 

Then, I head home.  I am about an hour and a half away from my house.  It is now 2:34, so I should be arriving around 4:00.

As I am nearing the outskirts of Leavenworth, where I can see beautiful mountains with snow just on the peaks, I hear sirens behind me.  I know I wasn't speeding at all.  The speed limit is 45 mph on this road, and I was going 43 mph.  I slowly pull over to the side of the road, near the mountain, not the edge.  The police car stops behind me, and I see a police officer get out and walk towards me.  I look down at the little glove compartment to get out my car's registration.  I also get out my wallet and take out my driver's license. 

As I am looking down, I hear a knock on my window that makes me jump.  I can't really see the officer since there is a glare from the sun behind him.  I hover my hand over my eyes so I can see better, and I realize that it is one of my old high school boyfriends, William.

"William?!" I exclaim.  I have not seen William since high school.  He still looks good.  Very built, handsome face, and just looks amazing in all.  

I guess he noticed me kind of checking him out, because he said, "Hey Blair!  Long time no see!  Do I still look good?"

I laughed at that remark and he did, too.

"Oh William, of course you do," I said with a slightly flirty and slightly sarcastic tone.

He just smirks at me.  I look away to put my registration and license away, and I can feel his eyes burning into me.  I look back up at him.

"So what are you doing in town?" he asks.

"Just here to see family for this Christmas."

"Do you have a boyfriend or husband?"  He immediately just went straight for it.

"Nope just me.  I'm just really invested into my career and never have time to date," I reply.

"Well, while you're in town, maybe we can get some drinks one night," he said.

"That sounds amazing," I replied. 

William went back to his cop car to retrieve his phone.  When he came back, I gave him my phone, and he gave me his, and we exchanged numbers.  I had to get a new phone when I moved to New York, and I had to get a new number as well.

"Ok, well," I said sighing.

"Ok great!  I will text you a place, time, etc." he said.

"Sounds great!  See you around William."

"Bye Blair."

He went back to his car, and I drove off down the road.  Maintaining my 40 mph speed limit.

William sure does still look good.  Why did I ever break up with him?