Chapter Two : A Starry Night

Eleven and Mike lay in the dewy grass in the front lawn, night shining in their eyes as the clock ticked midnight. They were on their backs, enjoying the silent as their hands fumbled in and out of being intertwined with one another's. They could nearly hear each other's heartbeat.

The night was lit up with stars as far as the eye could see. A single glance would show at least a dozen stars in a small area. No words were exchanged for the longest time. Only a comfortable silence. Until Elevens curiosity got the better of her.

"Mike..?" She whispered, breaking the silence. Her voice was small and raspy, probably due to the fact that she hadn't spoken in a while.

"Yeah?" Mikes voice was a bit louder than hers, but still quiet enough for someone ten feet away to have never known they spoke. His lips curled into a smile as he heard Elevens voice. He didn't mind how quiet she was, but her voice was music to his ears.

"What are those..?" She pointed up at the stars lighting up the sky. She could practically hear Mikes thinking as he thought up ways to put it best. After a half a minute, he spoke.

"They're called stars," he explained, smiling, "they're big balls of gas in space. They only look tiny because they're so far away."

"They're pretty.." she observed, obviously in a trance. Mike looked at her and smiled an ear-to-ear grin. He found it to be the cutest thing when Eleven was so fascinated about something. He loved seeing her experiencing the life she deserved for the past twelve years. He loved her.

"Should—" he began to speak, but stopped himself as he looked over. He could see the night sky in her eyes, glassy from exhaustion. She looked so beautiful. Sure, it was late, but who knows if a moment like this would occur again. Eleven glanced over, waiting for him to continue his thought.

"Never mind.." He smiled, holding her close. Eleven was on her side, hugging Mike close to her as she wrapped her arms around him, neck craning to look back up at the night sky.

However, to Mike, she was the perfect view.