Chapter Five

Spencer:

"So you're the only girl in the group ?" Stormie asked, I laughed shaking my head as I placed my drink down on the table "luckily no, there's Charlie's girlfriend Sophie, just need one more girl and it'll even us out."

We were going to go out for some food after we all go to ice skating but Riker's Mom said they were having a BBQ and said we could all eat there, on the plus side, she's a wonderful cook.

"You love us with or without Sophie." Curt laughed wrapping his arm around me.

"So out of those who would you rather be your boyfriend ?" Rydel asked.

"Dude!" Riker said clearly kicking her under the table.

"Don't be mean and I think it depends on what kind of boyfriend I want, if I wanted strange alien boyfriend then I think that would be Curt-"

"And if you wanted a stupid boyfriend then that would be Riker." Ross said making me laugh "exactly."

"Hey that's an insult to me." Riker said hitting me in the arm, I slowly turned and glared at him "its a compliment really, by being stupid you tend to do funny things without knowing it so you instantly become funny without even trying and most girls find it attractive when guys don't try to hard."

"Can we keep her ?" Rydel asked, I would enjoy this family a lot more then my own. My mom always wanted a boy hence the name and when she was pregnant they said that I was going to be a boy, my name got chosen and my room was decorated with my name all over it so by the time I got here I clearly wasn't a boy.

"If I was allowed you could keep me all you want." I smiled.

"Can we ? She's hot." Rocky said, Riker sighed shaking his head "this is why I don't bring girl friends round you hit on them!"

"She's hot she deserves to know." Rocky said winking at me, Stormie slowly shook her head as Mark walked out into the kitchen "Thank you Rocky but I think you're a little young-"

"25." Riker whispered coughing so only I would hear, yes my boyfriend was 25 but he was older and he knew things. I'll admit I only dated him for the sex and he only dated me for the sex, which is why we started sleeping together as friends, that was the only benefit.

"I'll get you a glass of water." Stormie smiled walking out into the kitchen.

"Guys we gotta go, movie is gonna start soon." Curt said, Riker nodded and stood up tapping my arm "you want a jacket ?"

I nodded and followed him upstairs, we're not actually going Ice Skating we're actually going to go see JIGSAW but Stormie has a rule that Riker can only go to the cinema once a month so she thinks we're going ice skating.

"Your family is so cool." I said making him laugh.

"What's the difference between mine and yours ?" He asked opening his closet grabbing a jacket "take your pick."

"Do you get cold a lot ?" I laughed "and the fact you guys actually seem to enjoy each other's company, you're close to everyone, your parents actually talk to you, you sit down together, you have photos with all of you in them and your Mom lets you have friends round no matter who they are and they actually care about you."

"Yours care about you-"

"My Mom told me on my birthday I was the biggest mistake of her life and that she's always preferred boys because girls are too much trouble, she told me if it wasn't for my dad she would of put me into care on Christmas Day so I told her at least I'd get care, she slapped me around the face." I said taking a black leather hooded jacket.

"Doesn't her husband or his sons do anything ?" Riker asked walking over to his window, opening it I shivered as the cold air blew in, Riker walked over and locked the door grabbing his school bag he opened the closet next to his bed and smirked putting in cans of beer and bottles of vodka, Jack Daniels, Captain Morgan's and Malibu Rum.

"No, they know where they stand with my Mom and I know where I stand, it's simple." I said making him shaking his head, he walked over to the window and whistled dropping the bag.

"What ?" I laughed.

"Nothing." Riker said closing the window.

"Why did you shake your head ?" I asked walking up to him "because I think it's unfair that your 'family' seem to think that you're not like good enough. What parent tell their kid that they were the biggest mistake of their life on their birthday ? Or that if it wasn't for your da-"

I laughed grabbing his shirt and kissed him, slowly running my hands up his chest and onto his shoulders "I just really wanted to do that, what my Mom and her stupid little family think of me doesn't matter, I know that what I need I can get from my friends. Don't worry your cute little head over me, I know how to handle myself." I said kissing his cheek and walked out of his room.

"Where's the boys ?" Stormie laughed.

"Curt and Charlie are outside and Riker's still getting a jacket, he has so many clothes." I laughed as Rydel hugged me "can you come around again ?"

"If it's ok with your Mom then I guess I could drop by." I smiled.

Stormie nodded opening her arms "sweetie you are welcome any time." She said hugging me "thank you." I whispered.

"You're the first girl his ever let round." She whispered making me laugh "nothing is going on." I said pulling away from the hug "well he hasn't shut up about you."

"Spence, you ready ?" Riker asked walking down the stairs, I looked at him and nodded "thanks for dinner, it was nice meeting you guys." I said as we walked out the front door.

"Can we just go before they start signing the adoption forms ?" Riker asked getting in the car.

Charlie looked at me making me shrug as we got into the car, the ride to the movies wasn't awkward but the tension was higher then the Empire State Building, even Charlie who is very socially awkward around girls said how awkward it was which actually made everything words.

"I'm going to go get some popcorn, help me choose." Curt said looking towards Charlie.

"Buttery." Charlie smiled, Curt sighed grabbing his arm and dragged him away.

I looked at Riker and raised my eyebrow "are you pissed at me because your Mom said I was the first girl you let round ?" I asked.

Riker looked at me slowly shaking his head "I'm not pissed at you, believe me if I was you'd know about it-"

"Believe me I know about it, what's changed ?" I asked softly.

"I never let girls come round because they automatically assume something is going on and then people like Rydel get attached and if we stop being friends I get questioned and then if I get a girlfriend they get questioned and I can't even process the questions-"

"Then shut up about them." I whispered walking past, meeting Curt and Charlie "when. Are you two going to start dating ?" Curt asked.

I rolled my eyes and laughed, I like Riker a lot and his funny and smart and gentle but tough at the same time, god his just so amazing.

"Either the guy wrote his number on the wrong cup or his gay." Riker smiled handing me a drink, I laughed and put my legs down as he walked across me slapping Curt around the face "I know you had something to do with that guy."

"He said you were cute-"

"I'll fight this bitch where he at ?" I laughed, Riker gave me a questioning look as he sat down, I rolled my eyes and slowly slipped my hand behind his, smiling as his fingers wrapped around mine "does this count as the date ?" Riker whispered leaning towards me.

"I'm thinking we skip the date and go straight to the fun parts." I whispered.

"Fun parts ?" Riker asked looking at me.

"Would it be so bad if we dated ? We've already had sex and kissed like a thousand times-"

"A thousand and one." Riker whispered pecking my lips "dude look." Curt 'whispered'.

"We can hear you." Riker said.

"We can see you." Charlie said.