8: THE REVELATION

CHAPTER 8: THE REVELATION.

16year old Na'im gobbled up the last piece of chicken sandwich on his plate, washed it down with his all day every day favorite beverage black coffee then muttered an 'Alhamdulillah'

"Ammiey" He called to the pretty young women sitting across from him, on the dining table.

She slowly looked up from the book she was reading, a smile tugging at the corners of her mouth "Yes son?"

"About the newest Jersey and boots" He began in his almost pronounced british accent "You promised to give me your own money to buy them if i come out with 9 A's in my result"

Ammiey squinted an eye at him "This boy wallahi one day you will leave me without two pennies to rub together, pity me mana"

"Toh Ammiey In banci kudin ki ba wane kikaso yaci?"

She glared at him, took a grape from her plate and threw it at him.

"Thank you!" He said rubbing his forehead "Kudi dai sai naci whether you like it or not, wait! What am i even saying? I get whatever i want from you because evidently, I'm someone's fav"

Ammiey rolled her eyes at her son and sighed using her fingertips to flip a page of her book  "You can keep deceiving yourself"

Just then, Ahmad shelleng, Ammiey's husband walked in. She immediately dropped her book and went to hug him.

Na'im scratched the back of his head and muttered "These people..."

"Welcome home Abba, how was work?" He said putting on a wide grin on his face.

"Good good son" Abba grinned back and picked 10years old khadijah before throwing her up in the air and catching her. She giggled excitedly.

They'd a little family time together before na'im being the persistent person he is, brought up his jersey topic again.

"Ahhh, you won't kill me today na'im" Ammiey shook her head "My MasterCard is inside my third drawer, Na'im boots and jersey only" She emphasized "I will chop off your head if you buy anything apart from those"

"Cross my heart and hope to die" He grinned and instantly disappeared upstairs to his mother's elegant bedroom which smelled of bakhoor. After searching for awhile, he spotted the MasterCard and was just about to push back the drawer when a hard picture caught his eyes.

Curious, he took the picture and stared at the smiling middle aged man on it. He was clad in the pilot's uniform with four golden stripes on the epaulets on his shoulder. What made him utterly confused was the unmistakable resemblance between him and the man he knew nothing about.

"Na'im have you found the MasterCard? Why are you taking so long?" Ammiey questioned as she casually walked into the room.

"I saw this" He waved the picture in the air "Is he a relative? We look so much alike"

Ammiey gasped as her eyes grew wide. "Na'im!" She exclaimed "I thought i have trashed that picture"

He shrugged "I have never seen him before, this is the second time I'm seeing the picture tho"

She gasped, this time almost inaudibly "He's no one" She finally said, snatching the picture away from him.

His brows furrowed at his mother sudden behavior "Why do you have his picture? Something is certainly fishy and Ammiey you know how curious i can be" And she knew it was true. She knew how Intrigued her son could be. She knew he'd eventually find out, and that would only cause more devastation. Its better she told him herself than him to find out himself.