Chapter Seven.

"I had one of my crazy dreams again!" A loud youthful voice wakes up my senses, from its dazed out form.

The sound of a door closing with feet stomping, making their way towards my bed, causes my eyes to slowly open, seeing the site of a browny-blonde frizzed ball of hair climbing onto my bed.

I moan at the new unwanted weight that leans itself on top of me, the need to go to the toilet instantly hits me.

"One of those future dreams?" I sleepily ask, as a powerful yawn takes over my whole mouth.

"They're called visions, and no I didn't. Just a crazy, cool dream." Her squeaky morning voice makes me turn onto my left side, making my back face her as I let my eyes close.

Cold air brushes against my thinly covered back, causing me to moan in annoyance as Alani's cold body crawls into my warm covers.

"It was about inventing!" She says as she tries to climb onto my warm curled up body. Her cold feet trying to get under my pyjama bottoms as her hands touch my face, trying to wake me up. "I was in this competition, with all these different inventors."

I nod my head as her small body falls off mine, causing a shriek of pain to come out of my lips, and onto my mattress beside me. "I didn't pay much attention to the others because I was to busy making my own invention! Budge up, will ya."

I mumble my understanding as I wrap an arm around her waist to stop her from rolling off my single bed. "What did you invent?"

"I invented a pillow machine, that allowed people to collect their dreams, while they slept! How cool is that!" She says excitedly, feeling her hands whip out from under the duvet. I snuggle her closer as I mumble my praise. "Once the dreams are collected, you plug it into your computer or laptop and watch them, as many times as you like!"

I open my eyes to see her smiling face looking up at my plain ceiling. In all fairness I was quiet impressed with her 'invention', although my mind went straight to the gutter in thinking about dreams that us adults, and teens, like to dream about. If you get what I'm saying...

"That sounds really cool, Gorgeous." I say earning her blissful gaze to turn to me, causing a small smile to form on my own lips. "Oh, I didn't get to ask you yesterday, how was school? Anything exciting happen?"

Her happiness instantly vanished, a scowl forming in its place, making her look away from me. "Elena Thara, happened!"

"That bitc-, I mean, cow who's always stealing Mike off you?" I ask. Elena Thara, 'The Little Mountains School bully' and 'attention seeking diva'. Many parents, guardians and I have complained about the little hussy since last summer.

'She has difficulty in making friends' is what all the teachers tell us. Most of the young mums and I talk about how that girl hasn't got any clue nor bone in her body that knows how to be friendly.

I lost all respect for that girl after she tried to set Alani's hair on fire.

Like, come on, who in there right mind allows an eleven year old girl to have a fucking lighter, near a little girl's head, in a school of all places.

I was down right fuming with rage, when I found out.

God help that girl, if I were her mother... I would have sold her, maybe put her on sale... 100% off, to one of them 'fat farms' to improve her personality, let alone her diet.

Hmm, maybe that was a bit harsh... actually no, no it wasn't.

"I punched her in the face."