Chapter Thirteen.

I glance out of the large brightly coloured stained glass window, seeing the snow discover the embrace of nature's creation.

It's flakes touch my soon to be land of green, creating a thick white coat over it as each individual flake falls with its siblings.

Ever tree, step, bush and rock is covered in the white sheet of snow. The sound of children from the near by town running into it catches my attention.

Their screeches of happiness and laughs of joy lift the edges of my lips up in delight.

My own heart leaps at the thought of wanting to join them, to meet new faces, to make new friends that are around my size.

The delicate flakes start to fall faster as the wind decides to move them to a new location.

My heart and eyes were so entranced by the site of the snow and playing children that I didn't hear nor feel the entrance of another being beside me.

"My Lady," A gentle voice breaks my attraction to the outside, as I turn my gaze away from them and upon the beautiful women standing beside me.

Her frame is small but lean and strong, her long dark hair is braided and falls to her waist, as her flowing green dress fits her body perfectly, unlike mine.

I quickly glance down at my white night dress and compare myself to her, envy boiling my blood.

Maybe when I grow up this winter I'll be like her. I'll have her beauty in not only her face but her soul, making others greet their own envy as I do.

"Your 'Mama' has given birth." Is all she says as my eyes widen slightly at her words.

"Already?" I question curiously as my Mama had only been in her room since the snow had started to stick, which was not that long ago.

"Time has been generous with your 'Mama'," her tone thickening with grace. "Which we should thank your Grandmamas wish for."

She speaks highly of my Grandmama as the image of a stunning portrait of colours, presents a beautiful raven haired women who's features are slightly similar to my own, gently enters my mind.

"What was her wish that she asked Time for?" I ask as her smile widens with pride at my question.

"I shall tell you another day, perhaps, when you are crowned princess," she promises and gives me her hand to walk with. "Why don't we meet your new baby sister."

"A sister?"

"Yes, My Lady. Why do you sound so unpleased?" Her tone and eyebrow heighten in concern at my frowning lips.

"I wanted to have a brother." I reply simply which causes a quiet laugh to escape the lady.

"You're going to be a great sister and future Queen, Nola."

"You know my name?" I ask.

"I believe everyone knows who you are, Princess," she says while placing a friendly arm around my small shoulders.

"I don't know anyone here," I say truthfully as the first time I opened my eyes to this day, I have only known five Salitans.