Page|48: "So eager, Brand!"

If I was another person, I would have thought that Jake was shy and nervous when she was with Mia earlier but he said he was just irritated and want to ditch their talking, he was nervous I would get the wrong impression and be mad at him.

And he was right.

So I snatched him from her and he was relieved and somehow nervous-that all my hell would break lose.

"You are bad, Jake. Flirting with someone else when your date is still here. You could've at least let me go home first." I crossed my arms on my chest and he just looked down the floor, ashamed.

"I'm sorry. You know it's rude to just walk away. I was relieved when you showed up and saved me." His eyes crinkled and he held my hands in his as he stare at my face.

"Okay, you're forgiven. Now where's the punch?" I asked him and we went back to our seat.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Oh, yeah...I remember that time when I got to puke my guts out. I'm really happy Sa--I mean my driver's there to help me not to get into the pool," She said, her eyes sparkling with amusement as she reminisced what happened to her after she left the bar, months ago.

"You really did that? That's digusting. I'n never gonna dip in that!" Kate yelled, and I know that she is drunk now as she pointed her finger on the pool in front of us.

Oh, yeah. We are at Courtney's mansion/house because school prom sucked and we decided to just ditch it.

It's cold outside, and the bonfire was lit and we are sitting around it with each blankets over our bodies, and beers in our hands. Courtney is leaning on Oliver's chest. They looked really cute together. Then there's Millie with Jimmy. There is still a little bit of awkwardness between them even though I know that they like each other. Kate is snuggled on Ian's. Well, Jake is beside me. I've never felt this great since Brandon ignored me but I still felt that something is missing. And I don't want to show it to my friends since they're having a good time.

Ian was telling a story when someone's cellphone rang. Everyone stopped as we inspect our phone's.

"Oh, it's mine," Courtney blurted out as she answered her phone. "Yes, I'm here with my friends." She rolled her eyes. I took a sip of beer. Everyone seemed to be listening to her.

"No, you can't come here! You'll ruin the atmosphere. My good aura will vanish! Ugh!" She tapped her leg with her left hand in frustration as she closed her phone.

"What's up?" Oliver asked her, his face worried.

Courtney frowned and said, "Brandon wants to stay the night here." She looked at me with her eyes narrowed.

"What's wrong with that?" Millie added.

"He's bringing Nicole." Courtney answered.

"Oh," was Millie's answer and she also looked at me, expressionless.

Everyone looked at me.

"What?" I asked as I looked at everyone.

"Oh, nothing." Jake said, looking up at the sky.

"I know it's not nothing. Everyone just stop looking at me like that. I don't feel any hatred or whatsoever towards him anymore. Our friendship was completely over and it hurts but I'm fine with that as long as I've got all of you with me. So...please, just srop looking at me like that." I shook my head, trying to clear my mind up. Oh, shit. What did I say?

I felt arms wrapped around my shoulders and I already knew who's warm arms was it. "You have me, even though I'm leaving in a month." I looked up at him and he winked.