Chapter 24

Kita's POV

Kiba was getting ice to put on my cheek. Hana's hand is really hard. I held my cheek. Not the first time she did, but still. It hurt a lot.

I guess I can see where she's coming from. I wouldn't want my brother getting hurt by the same girl for years and years and then low and behold, the girl is dating him. Or is in my house. Sadly, I know exactly where she's coming from. Kakashi had that issue with Rin, she was the girl on his team, but she died. That's when Chima became really handy, but since he's dating Anko now, she's becoming less so.

Kiba came in with the ice and helped me hold it to my face. It was ice cold! But of course it is, it's ice. Kiba began to apologize for Hana again.

"Kiba, it's okay. Really it is."

"No it's not! She has no right to hurt you. She needs to learn to get over it. You've apologized to me and we're together and happy now. That's all that matters. And she should accept it."

"Kiba, there's nothing we can do to change her mind." The doorbell rang again and this time Kiba came with me. It was Shikamaru.

"Hey Kit." He greeted.

"Hey Shikamaru. How are you?"

"I'm okay. But she's being so troublesome." He stepped aside to show that Temari had followed. "I was hoping to get away from the drama at the hospital, but she just had to come see you."

"Hey Temari." I said with a smile.

"Hey Kit. How are you?"

"I'm good."

"What happened to your face Kit?" Shikamaru asked. I held it real quick. "Looks like it hurt. What a drag."

"Yeah Kit, What happened to your face?" Temari asked.

"My sis came and hit her for no reason."

"Isn't that, like, assault in some way or another?"

"I don't know Shikamaru. But if it is she better stop. Hana could get her job taken away. And then I'd have to deal with her all day instead of most of it." I kinda laughed at Kiba response. "What's so funny?"

"What you just said reminded me of Shikamaru a little bit. Speaking of which, Shikamaru, Temari, you wanna come in? I was just thinking of making lunch."

"I wouldn't mind, what about you Shika?"

"Whatever. I'd be forced to anyways."

"Hey! Is that an insult to my cooking?" I asked, teasing slightly.

"No, no it's not Kit. Just saying that Temari would make me do it if I wanted to eat your food or would rather not waste your time on me."

"That sounded kinda outta character Shikamaru."

"What a drag." They came in and all of them sat at the table. I felt safe with a Gennin and 2 Chunin, if Kakashi was here I would feel even safer though. I started to cook some homemade ramen, from scratch. It was kinda hard and would normally take a long time but after years and years, and I mean years and years, of perfecting it, it doesn't take as long.

"What flavor ramen do you guys like?"

"Pork."

"Chicken."

"You." I blushed.

"Kiba. I'm not a ramen flavor."

"I wish you were." I blushed more.

"Kiba!"

"Okay, Okay. Beef." I nodded and walked back to the stove. I finished and added all the little things that made it ramen and not just soba noodles.

"Pork for Temari, Chicken for Shikamaru, and Beef for Kiba and I." I put down the ramen and sat next to Kiba. Everyone dug in.

"Hey Kiba?"

"Yeah Temari."

"Where'd you get the collar? You haven't always had it have you?" She asked curiously.

"Yeah, she's right. You didn't have it on the mission." Shikamaru confirmed as he looked at it, then decided it wasn't something he cared about.

"Kit-Kit got it for me."

"Aww. You two have nicknames for each other. And a little trinket. So cute." Temari ciied. "Kit, what's your nickname for Kiba?"

"Well, he's my Puppy of course." They kinda laughed.

"Well Kit, the way your hair's styled it reminds me of a cat." Shikamaru said. I felt my hair. He was right I guess. The way my hair went up did probably look like cat ears.

"I thought her hair style looked more like a Siberian Husky." Kiba said.

"You're a dog person, of course you would. But they definitely look like cat ears." I sighed. Don't fight don't fight.

"Maybe you're right. Oh well. Kit-Kit?" I looked at Kiba and he kissed me.

"Ok you two. You can kiss, but don't do anything inappropriate." We pulled away and blushed. Ruin the moment Temari. The doorbell rang again.