Green Christmas

Prompt: How about Wally west x female green lantern? She comes back from a long mission on Christmas and just lots of Christmasy fluff.

A/N: I just want to point out that it has been a hot minute since I wrote for Wally so I apologize in advance if he is a little ooc.

Wally sighed as he opened the first box of ornaments. He didn't know why he was even doing this. Odds are, he was going to end up being alone on Christmas. He wasn't sure what was worse, not having a girlfriend or having a girlfriend only for her to be gone during both of his favorite holidays, Thanksgiving and Christmas.

She had been really apologetic about it.

"I'm so sorry, Wally." She said as she pulled him close. "I wish that I could be here with you, but I have to go. It's-"

"Important and they need you." Wally finished for her. "You'll just owe me one hell of a Valentine's day." She had smiled at that and kissed him goodbye before flying off into space.

That was over a month ago. He had realized going in that dating a Green Lantern was not going to be easy, but he figured he could deal. But here he stood, decorating their apartment, all by himself and feeling shittier than Charlie Brown's christmas tree.

He reached into the box and pulled out the first ornament, when a green beam took it from his hand and secured it on a branch. He turned to find Y/N standing there.

"I know Green Christmases aren't very popular, but goddamn am I happy to see you." Wally said with a grin as he moved towards her.

"Really, Wally, I've been here two seconds and you are already making puns about me?" Y/N said, laughing to hard to pretend to be annoyed.

"It's what you get for missing out on Turkey Day, babe. There was so much food and puns." Wally teased as kissed all over her face.

"I'm still sorry about that, but at least I am here for Christmas." Y/N said as she kissed him back. Wally sighed as he pulled her close. They would put up the decorations later, but right now they were just happy to be back together again.