First Comes Friends Then Comes Love - Chapter One

Hi Guys,

PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE UNDER AGE 18. This is a story I wrote a very long time ago but recently edited. Please Vote, and Comment.

Thank you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Chapter One

I was sitting on my computer trying to write the next installment of my new book that was due very soon and I was getting writer's block again. It made no fucking sense since I had been writing for two days straight and then bam no more writing. It was irritating me to the point I wanted to scream.

I looked up at my roommate who was playing on the x-box again and wanted to strangle the little twerp. He had been getting on my nerves lately. Either playing his stupid games or bringing a different guy home almost every damn night for the last month. Sometime's I wondered if he was doing that just to piss me off but quickly shook the idea from my head.

I knew it was stupid to feel this way but having to listen to him fuck every night was getting to me. Probably since not only was I having writer's block I was also having a dry spell. Still, I was no longer in my early twenties were having sex with different partners was cool.

Ok, so my dry spell has lasted oh about eighteen months sixteen hours and oh thirty-two minutes if the time on the damn cable box was right. I knew it was bad since I was keeping track but I had finally gotten to that point in my life where if I was going to have sex or as some called it making love I wanted it to be with someone I was committed too.

So yes I was getting a little jealous that he was getting some and here I was sitting at home again on a damn Friday night alone with nothing but my computer to keep me company. But then again it was typical of me to stay in and normally I wouldn't be so upset if only I could finish my book.

"Hey man, you gonna come with me tonight?"

He asked me as I was sitting here feeling sorry for myself. As tempted as I was to tell him yeah I'd go with him to the Meat Market just so I could get a release from something other than my hand I knew just as he did I wouldn't go. This had been our routine for a while now. He would ask and I would smile and thank him and give one of many excuses on why I couldn't leave.

"No Damien you go ahead and have some fun." Shaking my head as I said it. I knew he would too.

Later that night around eleven or so he was walking out the door and giving me that look again. You know the look that says if you don't go with me I'm going to be disappointed. So to ignore him I just concentrated on my computer hoping he would get the hint and just leave.

As I heard the door open and slam closed I wondered why tonight of all nights he seemed almost mad at me for not going. Then again lately he seemed to always be angry with me for one thing or another. I wanted to move on, but the past always came back to haunt me. I would think that today would be the day, then something would trigger me and that would be that.

It seemed that maybe lately that the past was catching up to me more and more. I knew that logically it was over but the scars were many. Slamming my laptop closed, I closed my eyes and for the first time, I finally let my mind go back, back to before my life became a nightmare and I thought I was happy.

~~~~~

When we met it was like love at first sight for both of us or so I thought at the time. He was the complete opposite of Damien. He was shorter than me at five foot eight. I never went for the shorter guys until him. He had wavy blonde hair, yet what caught my attention the most were his eyes. I knew he was younger than me just by his looks. Of course, that should have told me right then and there that it would never work out.