❁seven❁

"you appreciate everything given to you, even if it wasn't much at all."

it was that time of the year. that one day he hated so much. no one could ever know how much he hated that day. 

valentines day.

he absolutely despises that particular day. since the boy was extremely famous for his looks and basketball skills, he had made himself a huge number of admirers.

and those admirers loved using that day to express their love to him. they would give him small gifts and especially cards, a lot of cards.

he receives so many cards that even if he were to read it, it would take days or even weeks to read them all. 

but being the heartless man he is, he would never read the cards, even one card. he would just throw them all into a huge plastic bag and into the bin, it goes.

yes, for this year, he was planning to do the same thing again.

he threw them all into a huge black plastic bag, heading towards the bin to throw it out. but before he could even leave his seat, yerim stopped him by grabbing his hand and pulling him back down, on his seat.

"why are you throwing them out?" she asks.

"because they are just useless?" he replies like it was no big deal.

"hey, don't be so mean! even if it isn't much, it still shows that they actually spared out some time to write you these. you should read them at least, before throwing them out."

he felt his heart soften after hearing her little speech. he found it absolutely adorable. he loved how she even thought about how those people actually spent time writing these letters. 

he adored how she appreciates small things.

and that probably made him feel a little guilty for throwing people's hard works into the bin. it was comparable to an example where you spent hours doing this essay but the teacher did not even look at it properly and just threw it into the bin.

especially she was the one telling him these, he didn't have the heart to say no to her.

"fine, i would read them. but you need to read it with me, or im throwing them right now." he says, totally not trying to cook out some excuse to spent more time with her, just her.

"fine, fine, fine! just don't throw them without reading."

~~~

there they were, spending their whole afternoon only to finish reading a third of the whole thing. 

honestly, it was quite fun, in a way. for example, jungkook would be disgusted at a few letters which lead him to get a scolding from yerim. and how some had some really funny pick up lines which they would laugh at.

"oh my gosh! rose?" yerim exclaimed when she read the name of the person who had written this particular letter. "who's that?" 

"its a close friend of mine. i see this is why she would often talk about you. and would always tell me to introduce her to you since she wanted to be your friend." she explains.

"friend? you sure she wants to be just friends?" jungkook asks sarcastically while holding the letter from her close friend, rose.

she shrugged before chuckling," apparently not."

"dear jungkook, my name is rose or chaeyoung, which is my real name. i've been crushing on you for probably about a few months already. i hope you could be friends with me first. i'm will try my best to impress you! xoxo, rose."

"oh man, cringe!" yerim exclaims after she finished reading her friend's love letter aloud. she held the paper tight as she cringed and threw it onto the floor, trying to be as far as possible from it. 

jungkoook giggled at her reaction which both of them laughed together in sync when their eyes met, later on.

that day, he surely realized that even though he hadn't declared his feelings to her yet and they weren't officially in a relationship, that year's valentines day was certainly great. he did not hate it at all.

maybe because she was there with him on that day. it surely felt more special.