Sweet Frog and a New Friend

Millie's POV-

I was standing in my old room, packing up the last of my boxes.
"Why do I have to move away?"I mumbled. I had lived here all of my 16 years of being alive, and had many friends here. I really don't want to leave them behind. My parents just got a divorce so now we are moving to Hawkins, Indiana. "Come on Millie bring down the last of your stuff, We're leaving now" My mom hollered. "IM COMING" I yelled back. I have to carry 3 boxes of stuff and I can't see over the boxes. On my way down the steps I run into my little sister Ava who is 7. "Millie be careful" my older brother Charlie shouts, as Ava is having a fit. I run outside and throw the boxes in the car. Me, Charlie, Ava, and my mom all climb into the car and start driving away from our house. "Bye Orlando, Hello Hawkins." I mumble.

After a 10 hour drive we finally make it to my new home. I wasn't excited at all but I put on a big o'l fake smile for my mom who was happy. I really like it when my mom was happy. "Where's all the boxes?" Ava asks. "They should be inside." My mom replies. Sure enough all the boxes are scattered everywhere when we walk inside. "Everyone gets first picks on rooms!" My mom says. We all bolt up the stairs. I pick the smallest room, but has a balcony so I was satisfied. It was very pretty coral color and I absolutely loved it. I started unpacking my things when I hear Ava stand by the door laughing. "What's so funny?" I ask her. "You get the smallest room hahahahaha." Ugh she can be sooo annoying. "Well mine has a balcony so HA." In her face. She then exits the room regretting not picking this room. I stand there giggling. Man, my room needs some work unpacking but I need a break. I take my phone and I look up the nearest ice cream store. "Sweet Frog? Never heard of it." I say. I rush down the stairs and ask my mom if I can go get ice cream. "Fine, just be back so you can finish unpacking." She responds. I grab my car keys and I look on the map on my phone.

*5 mins later*

I pull into the parking lot and walked inside, Sweet Frog?? I was instantly greeted by a red haired girl working there. She looks to be my age. "Hey are you new here I've never seen you around?" How does she know I'm new? "Uh yeah I just moved here, Nice to meet you I'm Millie Brown." She holds up her hand for me to shake and I take it. "Well nice to meet you Millie Brown, I'm Sadie Sink. Nice to meet you too!" She's very pretty and seems nice. Maybe I should ask if she wants to be friends. "Well since your new here maybe I could take my break and we could become friends over ice cream?" She asks. How the frick did she read my mind? "Uh yeah that would be great." I respond. We then sit down and start bonding over ice cream. Turns out Sweet Frog is pretty good. I can tell me and Sadie are going to be Best Friends already. For the first time since I been here I smile, and it wasn't fake.

Hey guys thanks for reading. I will be posting hopefully every week. I hope you guys enjoy my story.
-Love S💕
P.S. please leave some comments on how you think of my story!!