Chapter 3: Who's The Freak Now?

In one quick motion, the Maestro bent down and grabbed his socks, pulling them up. But instead of stopping, they pulled right of his body. He continued to pull and within a second, he had removed his clothes, skin and everything else. All that was left of him was his skeleton, which, strangely, was still wearing his shoes.

     I looked at the place where there used to be his beautiful eyes, but now there was only the dark holes that were his empty eye sockets. He cracked his neck and the sound of bones grinding together filled my ears, making me cringe.

     He once again began to move and with each step, I could hear his bones clacking together and his joints clicking into place. But even with those noises, he didn't fail to impress; his moves put every dancer in the world to shame. He began to sing again for us, though this time, it was to mock my father.

Is that scary for you baby

Am I scary for you oh

Am I scary for you baby

Is it scary for you

So tell me am I scary for you baby

Am I scary for ya baby

Is is scary for ya baby

Am I scary for you

I don't wanna talk about it

Am I scary for you baby

Am I scary for you

I'm tired of being abused

You know you're scaring me too

I see the evil is you

Is it scary for you baby

     Part way through, he removed his head, as a gentleman would have done with his hat. The adults looked disgusted, but the kids and I only grinned.

     When he was finished, he sauntered towards Dad, who was clearly terrified by the expression on his face. He was nearly shaking as well. The Maestro grabbed onto his tie, pulling him forward until they were in the middle of the room. I blinked, but saw only my father standing there.

     The Maestro let out a yell, making my head snap up to look at him, where he now stood on a ledge high off the ground. He let out a low cackle in a voice that was so unlike his usual soft tone. He flicked his arm, causing all of the inhuman beings look at us as they made a variation of terrifying sounds.

     At once, one of his family members zoomed toward Father. Instead of attacking, he stopped in front of the cowardly man that I was ashamed to call my family. When my father didn't run away screaming, the ghost-like man looked back at the Maestro, who sent another man. This one had a goblin-type creature come out of its mouth, but when he recieved minimal response, he scowled and replaced his eye piece.

     The two beings stood on either side of my dad, waiting for their next command.

     The Maestro yelled again, making the creatures look back us, growling. They turned back to him for a moment before dropping to the ground. They looked up at us, sending chills down our spines. The townspeople were frozen in fear. I felt as if my own feet were stuck, like they had been glued onto the floor. I was still standing at least five feet in front of the others and I was about the same distance behind my father.

     Why did this have to happen? Why couldn't we have just left the Maestro alone? So badly did I long to see his kind face instead of the hard white skull that now took its place.

     The creatures began to stomp their heeled shoes against the black and white tiled floor. The sound filled the room and I had to cover my ears when it became too much to handle. The other did the same.