Chapter 2 - "He called me a Mudblood?"

Disclaimer: I do not own any of these characters. All rights of the characters and other things goes to JK Rowling and Beintehaa production. Only the idea of this fanfic is mine :) 

Aliya POV

I woke up with dozens of questions. I wanted to know everything about wizardry world! I got ready early because today i am going to Diagon Alley with my parents!!!! I just can’t hold my excitement! My dad is excited too but my mom is bit off since Dumbledore came, she talk less and whenever i ask a question she always ignore me. She is not really happy about me being a witch i guess!

•-•-•

We went to London and finally found our destination. I don’t know how we managed to got here but Dad seemed to know his way. We were standing outside the Leaky Cauldron, it was a tiny, grubby-looking pub. I was surprised how muggles (non-magic people) don’t seem to notice it. Mom went first which was weird because Dad always go first, something is going on. It was very dark and shabby. People were gathered around a really massive man and were dying of happiness. “So proud, Mr Potter, I’m just so proud.” i heard someone saying. We walked towards them and saw a small and skinny boy. He was wearing clothes that were too big for him. He had a thin face, black hair and bright-green eyes. He wore round glasses held together with a lot of Sellotape. And there was a scar on his head! Blimey he is Harry Potter!! I read about him in the book which my mom gave me. Witches and Wizards were greeting him happily. I couldn’t helped myself to stop but went forward and said “It’s nice to see you Harry Potter and I am Haider, Aliya Haider” i held out my hand which he shake happily. He must be shocked by all of this attention, I read that he lived with muggles since his parents died. i waited for his reply “Nice” is all he can said. “Oh Miss Haider nice to see ya” said the man who was twice as tall as a normal man. Before i could response my mother simply said “Hagrid, it’s nice to see you here!” woah my mom knew his name? “Ye i am on Hogwarts business” said Hagrid patting on Potter’s shoulder. “Must get on - lots ter buy. Come on, Harry.” My mother lead me and dad through the bar and out into a small, walled courtyard, where there was nothing but a dustbin and a few weeds. And I didn’t questioned how she knew but she just said “thank you Hagrid for your help” and Hagrid smiled. Hagrid was telling Harry that he ISfamous and about Professor Quirrel. He tapped the wall three times with the point of his umbrella. The brick he had touched - it wriggled - in the middle, a small hole appeared - it grew wider and wider - a second later we were facing an archway on to a cobbled street which twisted and turned out of sight. “Welcome.” said Hagrid, “to Diagon Alley.”

There were shops, shops that will have my school supplies. 

"We need your uniform first" my mom said looking at the list of supplies "I have already got wizards money so don’t worry." i said nothing because i was amazed and wanted to visit every single shop here. We went to Madam Malkin’s Robes for All Occasions. We went inside, Madam Malkin was a squat, smiling witch dressed all in mauve. “For Hogwarts, dear?” She said and My mom nodded and she took us to the back of the shop. A boy with black hair and brown eyes was getting up from his stool “I need to meet Draco, mom” he said to his mom, when he looked at me he just threw a dirty look at me and my parents "Mudblood" he said quietly but i knew the word is really strong and really bad because Malkin shouted “CONTROL YOUR LANGUAGE MR ABDULLAH!” he didn’t said anything and just left the shop with his mother. His mother didn’t minded at all instead she just smiled and walked away. My parents were like that they got petrified, shocked faces.

•-•-•

After a long time i got my all of my supplies, i got an owl!! My mom didn’t spoke much through out the day but my dad was helping me a lot. I was just just thinking about that boy. He called me a ‘Mudblood’ but why? I was thinking for a long time but finally i got up and went to my mom. She was making a cup of tea. I cleared my throat and went up to her. She smiled at me and said “packed everything ye?” i nodded and asked “What does ‘Mudblood’ mean?” my mom looked blank for a few seconds she didn’t said anything but she finally spoke “There are different types of people, not all are same. Some are good and some are bad. But we all are human… There are some humans who have magical powers but others don’t. The families that are purely magical through their whole generations call themselves ‘pureblood’. Meaning that there ancestors were witches and wizards. If someone whose either mother or father is muggle-born call themselves Half-blood.” she stopped tears running down on her cheeks, she must be speaking from her heart. “But some people who don’t have magical powers but their children do have magical powers, they call themselves muggle-born.” i looked at her. If i am a muggle born but than what’s ‘Mudblood’? “But some purebloods think muggles should not be taught any magic at all, they call muggles ‘Mudblood’ meaning that they have bad blood” she continued “but not all purebloods or halfbloods hate muggle borns, they are called blood traitors by the purebloods and also halfbloods who hate muggles” i just stood there shocked, i wasn’t able to say anything at all. I wonder now, why she is so upset about me. I wanted to comfort her but something else came out of me “But mom how you know this?” i said calmly “Professor Dumbledore gave me all this information and don’t just stand back when someone call you ‘Mudblood’ because you-“ 

"-don’t have any dirty blood" i said interrupting her and she smiled at me and hugged me. "Goodnight"  

I couldn’t sleep, thoughts were running through my brain. I don’t know how i would be able to handle all of this? I must fight back and tell that Abdullah what actually i am!

•-•-•

I walked through the barrier between platform nine and ten. Hogwarts express was there and a sign said Platform 9 3/4 .

I smiled and hugged mom and dad for the last time. Dad said “Good luck”

"and be brave" my mom said. I waved them and walked towards the train. It wasn’t hard to get on to the platform because we just followed Harry Potter and the red haired wizard family. I think my mom is hiding something from me, she knows basically everything about wizardry world! Is she a…?

“Mudblood is here” said a boy, who i know. Abdullah.

—————————————————————————————————————————————-

thank you so much for reading! btw Abdullah is our Zain Abdullah.