Part Two

Natsu's POV

After pestering Gray for what seemed like forever, I finally got something nice to wear for tonight. I hurried over to the spot I had planned, and started getting things ready.

Sometime later... (still Natsu's POV)

As I walked out of the door to Lucy's apartment house, a wave of nervousness caught me. What if she turns me down? What if she finds the gift lame? How will I survive if she doesn't like me back? I thought back and forth and before I knew it, I was in front of the guild.

I opened the doors, and caught everyone's attention, especially Lucy's.

"Uh..." I stuttered with my hands on either of the guild doors. I looked around and I landed on Lucy. My gut turned and did this, flippy-over-thing like it did yesterday. I mustered as much courage as I could and took slow, broad strides over to the bar stool she was placed at.

"My lady," I bowed with my hand out, "may I take you out this evening?" I a

"Why of course Prince Natsu! Where are you taking me?" she joked calling me prince, but she's not entirely wrong... She took my hand and I

"That's the beauty of it, it's a surprise..." I winked. She blushed and my stomach turned every which way I was so nervous.

I pulled her through the doors and we ran to where I had planned.

Lucy's POV

I wasn't sure what Natsu was doing. He was dressed nice as far I've seen him by his own demands. It almost seemed like he was... Oh no, it was a date.

The sudden memories of last time he mistakenly asked me out on a date, turned out that he just wanted my help to dig a hole, turned up. Confused, and a tad bit worried about the outcome of the next couple of seconds, I couldn't help but sweat drop.

"If this is just another wild scheme to help you dig or something, I swear..." I started till he stopped causing me to follow.

"This place... it's..." I started.

"Is it okay? I've never done anything like this and I was sure if..." he started, putting his hand to the back of his neck.

"Natsu it's, it's beautiful! You did this all by your self?" I cut him off.

"Yeah, I really wanted to impress you, so I decorated the pond, dressed better than usual..." he laughed looking at the suit he was wearing.

"You did this all for me?" I asked in disbelief as I walked up to him.

"Of course Lucy. You mean the world to me. I'd do anything for you. I protect you with my life, a simple little picnic won't end the world will it?" he blushed while grabbing my hand.

"I mean that much to you? This is a date right?" I laughed nervously.

"I hope so..." he sighed.

"Alright then, come on, this food isn't going to eat itself is it?" I pulled him to the blanket by the pond.

The place truly was a sight to see. There was lights, lanterns, soft music playing off somewhere, it was close to the pond, both covered by soft willow trees, but was also under the bright stars that finally showed up. The picnic was wonderful. Him and Happy made the food, the seating was comfortable, there was a candle, we joked all night, I don't know what could've made the date, my first real date any better, that's what I thought at least...