3. Unusual Heartache

Character development is one of the main themes of this book. Remember that.

-----

Him..

"What happened to you?" I asked again.

I feel like I won't be able to rest until I know what happened and somehow fix it.

"Which part of 'none of your damn business' did you not get? Besides even if I tell you, you will shout at me pretty soon after." She shrugged, examining her feet.

Huh?

She must have noticed the look.

"You would go back to the 'I'm a stranger and you should know when to shut up' crap." She shook her head.

"Okay, in my defense, I never said you don't know when to shut up." I raised my hands in surrender.

"Whatever." She muttered as she picked up her high heels and put them on. She stood up and got a hold of both her suitcases.

"Where are you going?" I stood up, my heart beating fast.

I'm not ready to let her go yet. I'm not ready to let this calming and satisfying feeling inside of me go yet. I'm not ready to let the peace and warmth I'm feeling just by sitting next to her go yet. As fucking insane as that sounds.

"Leaving." She said and started walking. One step. That was the farthest she went before I snapped.

"You're not going anywhere." I took a hold of her arm and pulled her back. She shrieked out of the sudden move as the small wheels of one of her bags broke into pieces on the floor. She stumbled a little when I pulled her then straightened up, letting go of both suitcases and leaning on me with both her hands on my chest for balance.

Fuck. I swear I only meant to be gentle. What a fucking mess I've made. Zero percent self-control, I see.

She looked at my eyes and gasped as a sweet shiver ran through her body, making me wonder if I wasn't the only one feeling that fucking stupid electricity.

I swear it happened in slow motion. She let out a shaky breath then moved her eyes to my lips then back to my eyes again. She looked at my lips once more and frowned with a cute little whimper that got my blood going again before closing her eyes and taking a deep breath to control herself. Then she snapped.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She shouted and tried pushing at my chest, not moving me an inch. She leaned down to pick the pieces of the broken wheels when I stopped her.

She should not be bending down like that in front of me, especially after she just breathed me in.

She didn't breathe you in. She just took a deep breath to calm herself.

She took a deep breath of my scent to control herself. Differs.

God, what a virgin you are.

Shut the fuck up.

"Get up." I pulled her back up as gently as I could that time.

"Seriously, what is wrong with you?" She shouted again once she was standing straight, though I didn't miss the slight chill she felt when I touched her again. I took a deep breath trying to calm myself and think of a proper reply when I saw three drunken men walking towards us in the dark.

One of them took a sip from the bottle he held, then pointed at her, while the second one tried to whistle but failed. The third one was busy weighing her body from head to toe.