Prolouge

"Do you have your book bag?"

"Yes.."

"Books?"

"Yep.."

"Supplies?"

"Mhm.."

"Any extra stuff?"

"Mom, why are you up at 6:00am?" Philip asked.

"To help you get ready for the first day of school." Elizabeth answered with a smile.

"I've been doing this High school thing for 3 years now, I know what's up." Philip chuckled. "Plus I'm not a kid anymore, I'm 16."

"And? You could be 35 years old and you're still going to be my little boy." Elizabeth answered as she hugged Philip.

Philip sighed happily and hugged back. "If you say so."

Elizabeth soon pulled away and gently held her own hands. "Are you sure you're ready? You do have everything, right?"

"Yes, I got everything." Philip chuckled as he swung his book bag on his shoulder. "Now can you please go back to bed? Keep Dad company?"

She let out a sigh before nodding. "Alright. Have a great first day honey! I love you!" She smiled.

Philip was already heading to the door. "Love you too.."

Elizabeth soon headed back to her and Alexander's bed room as she got back into bed and snuggled up close to Alexander, slowly falling back to sleep. Alexander felt her warmth and wrapped an arm around her with a small smile on his face.

Philip was now out at his bus stop, waiting. He was actually pretty ready for the first day back.

He had no idea what was coming to him.