5.07

"So, those villages we were supposed to find

"So, those villages we were supposed to find..." Tyrion asks impatiently and for the sixth time on their two week journey up the coast and in pursuit of Meereen.  Jorah turns from his occupation to eye the irritated dwarf before kicking sand into the fire as Tyrion reminds him, "We can't live on berries and roots."

Jorah shrugs, "I can."

"You make it sound like we're deer," Gabrielle remarks bluntly as she tries to get the sand out of her hair, to little extent when all they've done is walk on the beach.

Tyrion eyes the two with wide and unbelieving eyes, "Neither of you are hungry?"

"Of course I'm hungry," Jorah growls at the revelation he is human, but Tyrion was raised to be rather spoiled with his foods.

And Gabrielle shrugs, knowing hunger well enough, as she relates, "Hunger is relative."

"You're awful travelling companions, do you know that?" Tyrion huffs with a great deal of irritation.  "Possibly the least charming man I have ever met, and a woman who sacrifices her own health and mine for a direwolf."

"Trident's more useful in a fight than you are—we must keep his strength," Gabrielle reminds him again and is tempted to hit Tyrion as he rolls his eyes at her answer--despite how true it is.

"I am not your travelling companion," Jorah growls although the pretenses of captor and prisoner are all but lost to their travelling now.

"We are travelling together.  In each other's company.  Therefore..."

"Do you ever shut up?" Jorah asks.

And Gabrielle shakes her head, "No."

"We sailed from Dorne to Pentos in a crate.  Without saying many words," Tyrion growls at the rather insistent Essos dwellers who seem to value silence more than those of Westeros. 

Taking a deep drink of water, Tyrion watches carefully as Jorah comes to sit at his side, those blue Mormont eyes pressing him for the truth like Ned Stark once did, "Why?"

"Never occurred to you to ask why until now?  You never wondered why Tyrion Lannister decided to visit a brothel in Volantis, and why he was travelling with a criminal you already know of?" Tyrion huffs out a laugh at the rather forgotten matter of him and Gabrielle being hunted--not that there's anyone looking for them on the abandoned beaches of Essos.

"I'm sure you've visited many brothels in many cities.  And she," Jorah remarks as he points to the female who hid from him in that brothel, "seems capable of hiding in plain sight."

Tyrion sighs, "I killed my father.  He wanted to execute me for a crime Gabrielle admittedly committed.  And he was fucking the woman I loved."

Jorah looks at the dwarf who refuses to meet his eyes before turning to gaze at Gabrielle who does look guilty for Tyrion's suffering, even after admitting to the crime herself and trying to take the blame.  Feeling rather lost in the drama of Westeros, Jorah stands to his feet and begins gathering their supplies, Tyrion calling after him, "As miserable as you are, Mormont, at least your father was a good man."