Chapter 3

Sheshira pov

After he walked out of the room, I went to check out the bathroom. I couldn't even remember the last time I had been in a bathroom. Even when I had visited destroyed and abandoned cities I still never stayed long enough to check out anything. My visits were only to get supplies that I needed, nothing more.

The bathroom had an old style look to it. It was colored a light brown and the counter was a white marble type color. It had a separate bath and shower. The bathtub was fairly large, it had a basket of flowers set beside it. It made the room seem less plain and more decorative. The shower was also fairly large and had a built-in holder for soap and other shower necessities.

It had taken me a few minutes to figure out how to turn on the shower. Turning away from the shower I removed my dirty or rather disgusting clothes. I stepped into the shower feeling the water cascade down my body. It took me a bit to adjust to the temperature of the water. It was hot but not too hot, I loved it. The water washed away the dirt and grime from the past weeks of not being able to bathe. Small ponds and rivers were all that I had to wash in, and the water was usually cold but would warm up a bit after moving around. I would bathe whenever I had time to but I never bothered to pick up anything to wash with besides a bar of soap.

After about five minutes of enjoying the hot water, I decided to finally grab the bar of soap and scrubbed my whole body until I felt clean. I washed my hair with some products that were in the shower and then stepped out. I grabbed a brown towel that had flower patterns on it and dried myself off. While I was drying off there was a knock on the door of the bathroom.

"I'll leave the clothes by the door, don't worry. I'll leave the room while you get dressed," I heard a voice say. The voice belonged to the werewolf who claimed that I was his mate.

After a few seconds, I heard the bedroom door close. He was trusting that I wouldn't try to leave. Besides, I believed what he said about tracking me down and bringing me back here. I wasn't even sure about how fast they were, I just knew that they were faster than any human.

I slowly opened the bathroom door and peeked out to see if he had really left. No one appeared to be in the bedroom, it was void of any person's presence. Looking down I noticed a shirt and pants laid on a small table in a corner next to the bathroom. Picking up the clothes I brought them into the bathroom with me. I didn't trust that no one would spy on me while I was getting dressed and the bathroom offered more privacy than the bedroom.

I pulled the pants on after I put on the undergarments and then pulled the shirt on over my head. The pants were a smokey grey color and the shirt was a light green. They were just a bit big for me, luckily the pants had a drawstring. After securely tying the pants I walked out of the bathroom. I grabbed a brush from the bathroom counter and sat on the bed brushing my semi-dry hair out. I usually used my fingers to somewhat untangle my hair, after I got done I went to put the brush back. Looking in the mirror in the bathroom, I noticed that my hair was down past my ass. I usually didn't take time to look at myself, but this was the first time in years that I could actually get a good look at what I looked like. I took a few seconds longer to look at myself and then I left the bathroom.

I walked into the bedroom and then I walked out into a hallway. The hallway was a light brown color, the place looked nothing like the old city buildings. The place was clean and didn't have a dull color to it. It looked like the place was new and had not been lived in for very long.

After wandering the hallways for a few minutes I found what looked like a kitchen. It had marble counters and light brown cupboards. A bowl of apples and other fruits sat on the counter along with a vase of flowers. The kitchen had a long table for eating and a window above the sink allowing people to look outside.

"I thought you had run away," I heard him say just as I was about to continue wandering around.

"Maybe I was trying to find the way out of here," I replied as I turned around to face him.

"I would just track you down and bring you back." He said as I turned back around and began walking away.

I could hear him following behind me. His footsteps were quiet but not quite enough to not hear. I continued to walk around the house with him following behind me.

"You know if you want, I could give you a tour of the house" He was offering to give me a tour. It would increase my chances of escaping this place.

"You seem to believe that I will just stay here, with a pack of mutts and not try in the slightest to escape."

"We are not mutts, we are werewolves. We have feelings just like anyone else." He was getting upset with me.

Roman pov

"You seem to believe that I will just stay here with a pack of mutts and not try in the slightest to escape." It hit me hard when she called my species a pack of mutts.

"We are not mutts we are werewolves. We have feelings, just like anyone else." I was beginning to get upset with her. It seemed as if she didn't even consider that we had feelings of our own.

"Oh really. Your kind didn't seem to take that into consideration when they decided to take over our whole world." Was her reply.

"Not all of our kind got in on the decision. I for one didn't get a chance to decide," I was trying to make this work. I was already arguing with her, I was getting frustrated with her and myself.

"Look if I got to chose, I would have met you before all this had happened. I just want you to be happy," I didn't know what else I could say to her. I really just want her to accept me as I am, it's not like I got to chose who I am or what I am.

"Let me go then, let me leave. It's the only way that I will be somewhat happy," Why did everything have to lead to her leaving me.

"Why? Why can't you just accept me as me?" She was hurting me inside. My heart beat for her and only her.

"You know what, just forget it. You're clearly not going to let me go." How could she not understand. She is my mate, I couldn't live without her. 

She began walking away from me. I knew I should have followed her but I needed to cool off before talking to her again.

I walked out of the house and shifted. Running in my wolf form always seemed to calm me down in the past. The forest was calm today. The wind softly blowing and it was late in the day. The day was winding down to an end and I had calmed down enough to head back home. It had been a few hours since I shifted and went for a run. I shifted back to my human form after I got back to the house and walked inside wearing a pair of shorts.  I walked around the house until I found my mate sleeping on a couch in the middle of the hallway. I had honestly thought that she would use the time I was absent to leave. Happiness filled me once I saw that she was still here though. I picked her up and carried her to my room that was now our room.