Chapter 9

Sheshira pov

We walked down a path in the forest together. The leaves on the trees seemed to wave at us as we walked, the wind blew my hair around softly. It was peaceful outside as we continued to walk down the path. Roman kept glancing at me every now and then. It was kind of awkward as we silently walked in the forest. I was tempted to start up a conversation, but not sure what to say.

"So, um," we both said at the same time.

I didn't expect Roman to be just as awkward as I was. I was glad that I was not the only one who did not know what to say.

"You go first," he told me.

"Truthfully, I'm not sure what to say," I stated.

"Neither do I," he replied.

We continued to walk along the path until we came across a river with a beautiful waterfall. 

"Want to sit for a bit?" Roman asked.

"Sure," I said still looking at the waterfall.

We sat by the edge of the river and admired the scene. I decided to take my shoes and socks off so that I could dip my feet into the water.
Times like this were rare before I met Roman, but now I was learning that I could enjoy those times even more.

"Did you know that this was here?" I turned and asked Roman.

"Yes, I found it when I had just taken over as alpha and needed some time away from working." He replied.

"It's beautiful here, do you come here often?"

"As often as I can," he said turning to look at the water.

After a few minutes, I watched him stand up at begin to remove his clothes.

"What are you doing?" I questioned with surprise laced in my voice.

"Going for a swim, come on." He said trying to encourage me to go for a swim.

"No, I can't."

"And why not?" He questioned.

"Because I'm not jumping in without any clothes."

"I never said you had to take off your clothes." He said.

"You want me to go swimming in my clothes?"

"Yeah, well I wouldn't mind if you went swimming naked with me." He stated.

"Never!"

"Just take some of your clothes off, or you could swim just as you are."

"If it makes you feel more comfortable you could wear my shirt, I'm sure it's big enough to go down to your knees."

"Okay, thanks, I guess."

I picked up his shirt and went behind a tree to change into his shirt. I left my undergarments on and pulled his shirt over my head. It reached down to my knees. I stepped out from behind the tree after putting my clothes in a neat pile on top of a patch of grass.

I walked towards the water until I reached the edge. Roman held his hand out for me to take and once I did he pulled me to his body. Slowly we moved out into the center of the river. His arms were wrapped around my waits and together we floated in the water.

Roman pov.  

After eating the breakfast that Sheshira made we headed out for a walk. The sun was shining and it was warm today.

We walked down the path in the forest. The gentle wind moving the leaves of many trees. I kept glancing at my beautiful mate every now and then while we continued to walk along the path. I was not quite sure what to say to her. This relationship that we were in was new to me, I had never even thought of having a girlfriend because I knew that I would eventually find my mate.

"So, um," we both said at the same time.

"You go first," I told her.

"Truthfully, I'm not sure what to say," she said looking ahead.

"Neither do I," I replied.

We continued to walk until we came across a river with a beautiful waterfall that I had seen many times before.

"Want to sit for a bit?" I asked turning to look at her.

"Sure," she answered while looking at the waterfall.

We sat down by the edge of the river and admired the scene. Sheshira had decided to take her shoes and socks off so that she could dip her feet into the water.

"Did you know that this was here?" She turned and asked me.

"Yes, I found it when I had just taken over as alpha and needed some time away from working," I answered her.

"It's beautiful here, do you come here often?"

"As often as I can," I answered turning to look at the water.

After a few minutes, I stood up and started to remove my clothes.

"What are you doing?" She asked with surprise and confusion laced in her voice.

"Going for a swim, come on," I said trying to convince her to go for a swim with me.

"No, I can't."

"And why not?" I questioned her.

I knew that she could go swimming in her clothes or undergarments. Maybe she didn't want her clothes to get soaked.

"You want me to go swimming in my clothes?" She asked looking at me as if I was losing my mind.

"Yeah, well I wouldn't mind if you went swimming naked with me," I stated honestly.

"Never!"

"Just take some of your clothes off, or you could swim just as you are."

"If it makes you feel more comfortable you could wear my shirt, I'm sure it's big enough to go down to your knees."

"Okay, thanks, I guess."

She picked up my shirt and walked behind a giant tree to change into my shirt. After about two minutes, I saw her put her clothes in a neat pile atop a patch of grass. I watched her walk towards the edge of the water. I offered her my hand and once she had taken a hold of my hand I pulled her close to my body. Slowly we moved out into the center of the river, I wrapped my arms around her waist and together we floated in the water.

I leaned in close to Sheshira's face and paused silently asking for permission to kiss her. And then I pressed my lips to hers.